Forums

Help › Forums

What is common etiquette for conceding puts?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 8 2011 8:26 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Jazz8520
    6 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2011 5:47 PM

I don't want to offend anyone when playing a match, so I'd like to find out what the more experienced players on this site consider to be  good and alternatively bad etquette when conceding.  Everyone's opinion is welcome.  Thanks  

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2011 8:32 PM

hi

conceding = favor and if you don't want to, you don't have to. in my view, no etiquette is broken.

-wgticon

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2011 8:33 PM

Decide at the start, certain holes you don't concede 2 ft, they can be missed. Some people play them all out. Once you start playing with friends, it's a lot easier. Again, make the rule at the start of the game, and you will never be the bad guy.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2011 10:14 PM

My rule of thumb is 3.0 and below I concede. Anything above that, they have to putt. Now there are exceptions to that rule. Oakmont is one big exception. But generally 3.0ft. and below I concede. Also kinda depends on who your playing. The better players USUALLY don't miss 3ft putts where as someone like a Pro or something could. But there are times when even the best of players miss an easy putt. So just pick a number and go with it. Or just don't concede anything. Like Icon says. It's a favor. You don't have to. Good luck to ya.

Master Yoda

• anomahaguy
    93 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2011 10:44 PM

personally, depends. i believe if it's to win a match or hole, you have to earn it regardless of distance.. of course unless they have  something like 3 strokes from 2-3 feet., then just end the misery. 

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2011 11:04 PM

I won't concede unless it is inside 1.5 feet for H, P, TP, M.  

3 Feet for TM and L because of experience (2 feet on Oak and SA.)

• xtabent
    2,281 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2011 11:23 PM

2 ft is the usual..except when the dots are running faster than a rocket

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2011 4:56 AM

xtabent:

2 ft is the usual..except when the dots are running faster than a rocket

Or when there's a Spyder or Starter putter involved.  ;-)

• D51nn3tt
    73 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2011 5:40 AM

It really depends on alot of different things but I say never give a birdie unless it's a 2nd putt, conceding putts is something that's usually done to speed up the round, pace of play is its root cause.

• PAGES
RSS