Forums

Help › Forums

IT IS STILL JUST A GAME

Sun, Aug 28 2022 1:41 PM (30 replies)
  • gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2022 8:46 AM

HamdenPro:
    Call me naive, I do not believe it has to be this way. I am first to admit, I have regressed at times, a defensive compulsion to respond to something I do not like, in a negative way, rather than turn the other cheek. I vow to do my best to stop. If there is something I do not like, I am going to try my best to simply ignore it. I will open my "word" program, type a super mean reply, and delete it. It is very cathartic that way, without throwing gas on the flames.

This ^^^ is akin to "The Lincoln Letter", although many are quoted, copied, bandied about, the one most people forget, is the one he wrote, but did not send.........

He kept it for three days. Thought about it several times, then decided it was to vitrol,(didn't have to look it up) to send, so he destroyed it. Saving an argument from both sides.

Basically the same you are doing in Word. Let calmer heads prevail

Well done Ms.Pro, well done indeed........

Gonna piss Craig off (momentarily) for the "look it up thing", I find it hillarious.

I also know he has full control over his vocabulary.

I am no loner surprised at his writings of late

Bonnie good old man...................

• garyk49
    2,329 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2022 8:53 AM

HamdenPro:

I know that there are many that are homebound, or alone and WGT is a main source of social media and communication with friends, but it is a game. The relationships and bonds formed, and these threads, just makes it that much better to enjoy, like I said in a thread a year, or so ago, it is what makes it, IMO, the greatest game ever played.

CT has noted and you have alluded to. Those listed above, it has become more then a game.  It is more of an outlet then it ever was.  WGT for some reason, just can't understand, how the changes to this game as far as Alt Shot and finding friends means to them.  They seem to ignore the social aspects of this game as it was when flash was around.  At least you, Steph, have brought life back to these forums as they once were.  It's refreshing to read some of the humor that has once again appeared here.

OK, climbing down off of the soap box.  And as aside, if at some time I have offended anyone, please forgive me, as I know I can be gruff at times.  Trust me my gruffness is not directed at any one individual, but more about how I feel at that moment in time.

I guess I really hadn't climbed down, as I am doing now.

• pmm711
    5,645 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2022 10:09 AM

Poetry...it's something that has always carried us through. Thanks for posting Steff.

Didn't we once have a golf haiku thread? 

And then we always had txzdave and his unusual gift with wild, wild, twisted prose that required time to decipher.  They should put the decoder ring back in the Pro Shop...best value for sure at the 2000 credit mark.  I actually watched enough videos to buy one too.  Unfortunately it didn't convert over to the new platform. 

Oh those days...the best of times on here for sure.

If Steff ever starts writing txzdave style maybe WGT will be forced to start selling the decoder ring again.  That would be huge.

• craigswan
    31,559 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2022 10:21 AM

Andyson .

I remember Andyson posted a game on here whack a mole where we all competed to get the faster time to hit three moles with a hammer .

I asked him to make me one called whack a lassie as my cc had a monthly lads v lassies tournament .

He replied - I have plenty of lady friends on here so if you want murdered i will not be a conspirator .

He had more brains than me .

• HamdenPro
    2,468 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2022 10:35 AM

craigswan:
     I asked him to make me one called whack a lassie as my cc had a monthly lads v lassies tournament .

Obviously, we have more work to do, but, like I said, baby steps.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2022 10:55 AM

HamdenPro:
    No. If PureGro1 can go 24 hours, without posting a meme (which happened once)

• pmm711
    5,645 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2022 11:08 AM

LMFAO....I rekindled a txzdave post thinking it was in here "And Everything Else", but it was in "Announcements & News" for whatever reason.  Here it is...

https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/476549/4737588.aspx#4737588

OOPS

• JDGHOST
    6,887 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2022 12:22 PM

HamdenPro:

Many characters, Yancy, Lizzie and Yankee Jim,

Andyson, DivatDown and bean counter, you remember him?

Well put Steff! 

I'd like to mention Casey Everett as well... a great guy and a friend did so much with "The Gift of Golf"

I'm sure there are many more we lost... 2 good friends in The Founders Club in the last 10 months  

• HamdenPro
    2,468 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2022 3:37 PM

JDGHOST:

Well put Steff! 

I'd like to mention Casey Everett as well... a great guy and a friend did so much with "The Gift of Golf"

I'm sure there are many more we lost... 2 good friends in The Founders Club in the last 10 months  

Thanks JD, and everyone else, all I did was start a thread, everyone else has taken it further, in a direction I hoped it would go. Once in a while, people need a little push in the right direction and a trip down memory lane, about good times, to see that it can be that way again.

As for Casey and the rest, there are way too many memorable, and wonderful, people that have come and gone, leaving their mark, to mention them all in a short rhyme. I have thought in the past, there should be a thread solely to recognize those who made such contributions to the game, the threads, their clubs and whose loss has impacted so many.

It is quite astonishing, to me, how much love, and respect, people have for each other here, all chronicled in the archives.

The fact is, many of you were there, participated, and promulgated, what became wonderful memories of fun times. There is no reason that it cannot be the same way. Some of the "old timers" need to step up and show us newbies how it is done (IMO).

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2022 4:58 PM

HamdenPro:
    Some of the "old timers" need to step up and show us newbies how it is done (IMO).

And for what you have done here in WGT land since your Christmas wish gift . 

That gift has been a gift back in more ways then you know or dont know or know what I know .

The Gift was the to see once more how a bright star in the dark could show us the way back .

OPY 

EDIT :  

the beans are ready liz.

RSS