31,559 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2022 8:06 AM

Baby steps .

awesome so cool GIF by Together #WePlayStrong

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2022 8:18 AM

craigswan:

I was captain of a football team once . Going away for an overnight stay i was asked if the player's could bring their wife's and girlfriend's with them .

Yes by all means bring the beautiful girl's along but i am not letting any ugly one's on the coach .

In the USA the coach only gets the ugly ones on him...

• callaghan159
    6,317 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2022 11:21 AM

PureGro1:
    In the USA the coach only gets the ugly ones on him...

Ugly or not, everyones deserves some lovin.

• HamdenPro
    2,468 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2022 11:51 AM

Deleted by author

• craigswan
    31,559 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2022 1:21 PM

• Duphpherer
    457 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2022 6:23 PM

Thanks for the well written poem HP! Food for thought. 

• SamSpayed
    5,001 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2022 8:47 PM

pmm711:

LMFAO....I rekindled a txzdave post thinking it was in here "And Everything Else", but it was in "Announcements & News" for whatever reason.  Here it is...

https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/476549/4737588.aspx#4737588

Paul, I'd just like to say that I enjoyed reading the rekindled txzdave thread, and the other one you rekindled today (Who has the best Haiku?).  Both fun threads, and very much in line with the positive message that Steff conveyed in her poem, to wit:

HamdenPro:

Once again, the threads can be fun.

It is not impossible and can easily be done.

Cheers 🍺

• pmm711
    5,645 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2022 1:56 AM

SamSpayed:

pmm711:

LMFAO....I rekindled a txzdave post thinking it was in here "And Everything Else", but it was in "Announcements & News" for whatever reason.  Here it is...

https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/476549/4737588.aspx#4737588

Paul, I'd just like to say that I enjoyed reading the rekindled txzdave thread, and the other one you rekindled today (Who has the best Haiku?).  Both fun threads, and very much in line with the positive message that Steff conveyed in her poem, to wit:

HamdenPro:

Once again, the threads can be fun.

It is not impossible and can easily be done.

Cheers 🍺

Yes Sam, Steff is definitely working hard to pump up the spirits in these forums.  The likes of txzdave and Andyson don'y appear often enough.  At least we know when Steff posts it's going to be for potential enlightenment and a smile.  Gotta love that!

I know there are other txzdave threads out there where he went absolutely off the charts with his unique prose and style.  You know, not just the words he ingeniously created and put together in prose, but their positioning in the post.  He was a poet and artist at the same time.  Damn I miss that dude.  He was one hell of a WGT golfer too.  He pounded me lots, but, the chat was just so special.  Again, dearly missed.

Then we had SweetiePie Lily too.  The woman with a taste and class of her own.  God rest her soul.  What a beauty...both inside and out.  

Steff is on the right track.  I must say I hate when she mods her posts though with the "deleted by author" msg.  I like what she says as she usually has a good reason to put it out there.  It's just not her nature to be mean or unkind.  Personally, I don't look at those posts that way.  She's usually right.  LOL

So, hopefully we can keep on truck'in and keep the comedy and fun rolling.  We all could learn from these 2 and just chillax and enjoy ourselves.

• pmm711
    5,645 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2022 2:19 AM

• HamdenPro
    2,468 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2022 1:17 PM

gonfission:
    then decided it was to vitrol,(didn't have to look it up)

Interesting stuff about the Lincoln letter. :)   My Father has an old copy of the Letter to Mrs. Bixby hanging in his office.

However, maybe you should have looked it up, you are missing an " i " - oops!!! ***

gonfission:

I am no longer surprised at his writings of late

Bonnie good old man...................

As much as it may pain me to say it, yes, I agree that the writings of late are not as bad as previously (note - "not as bad"  LOL).

I know his heart is in the write place, it was not the heart that concerned me, just sayin'

All in good fun for sure

***  I do not profess to be the best spell checker myself. I merely point this out because you included the statement that you did not need to look it up and I thought it was ironic that the "i" was missing. I am sure a typo, as your mind probably works faster than your hands, and your keyboarding skills are probably as bad as mine. Remember, no fair to go back and change it now.

RSS