• feathermerchant
    3 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2022 7:14 PM

How do I cancel my account ?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,634 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2022 10:50 AM

As far as I know, you can't.

If you wish to start a new account (or refresh the current one by deleting all the previous records), you'll have to send an inquiry to WGT CS team (members@worldgolftour.com).

Make sure that you DO NOT create a new account by yourself as it violates the company's T&C and it will get you banned.

Hope it helps.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2022 12:15 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

As far as I know, you can't.

If you wish to start a new account (or refresh the current one by deleting all the previous records), you'll have to send an inquiry to WGT CS team (members@worldgolftour.com).

Make sure that you DO NOT create a new account by yourself as it violates the company's T&C and it will get you banned.

Hope it helps.

If you get caught ^^^. It sure hasn't stopped a lot of others.

sayin'

ct

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,634 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2022 1:33 PM

ct690911:
    If you get caught ^^^. It sure hasn't stopped a lot of others.

Unfortunately... what you pointed out is true.

There will always be multi-accounters (and other forms of cheaters) no matter how hard the company tries to stop them since this is something that you have to leave it to one's conscience partially. I (want to) believe WGT has means (although not perfect and well, nothing is...) to detect cheaters so you will get caught sooner or later eventually if you cheat.

• Kittykat2017
    637 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2022 2:49 PM
    This post has been deleted.
  • sheepsass
    655 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2022 3:03 PM

Settings, little grey round thingy in lower right corner. Then account, finally hit delete account.

• ScottHope
    10,325 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2022 3:35 PM

She's not wrong...

• garyk49
    2,327 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2022 9:19 PM

Scott, in looking at the background screen on your post, how are you getting that.  On the left side, I never get any screen with all of those categories.  I looked at your version and it is the same as mine except mine just updated on this win 10 computer tonight.  I have the same version but with _D on the end.  I never get a screen with (partially hidden by the pop up) facebook and the other 4 anytime.  So it either has to be a setting somewhere that is different or something with versions.  Also, when in the settings, when you hit save and close, in bottom right it doesnt stop at save and close it goes back to wgt start page.

I am sure what was said, was the gear on the bottom right in reference to round grey thingy.

And if that is on the settings page, I sure dont see it, nor is anything labeled account on the settings page.

Oh wait, I just checked one of my tablets and I have that screen and it runs a different version of wgt, so I believe it's a mobile thing, not pc.  And seeing this is not in the mobile category of topics, who would of thought.

• ScottHope
    10,325 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2022 1:18 AM

Yes Gary, it is the mobile app, but that doesn't really matter, it's still your account with its back up against the wall.

I guess the _D at the end of the PC version number means desktop.

I'm still not convinced that this action will remove your account from WGT's database. My impression is that it just wipes it clean. It would be interesting if feathermerchant went ahead with this to see what happens, and whether he could log back in to his account afterwards to see what was there.

• PAGES
RSS