Help › Forums

How do I cancel my Account ?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 16 2022 7:04 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ScottHope
    10,325 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2022 5:35 AM

...so, believing there was another prompt behind the delete my account button, I held my breath... and pressed the delete my account button!

...phew!  Well, that looks pretty final and no, I'm not going to the next screen.

8 )

• garyk49
    2,327 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2022 5:40 AM

ScottHope:

Yes Gary, it is the mobile app, but that doesn't really matter, it's still your account with its back up against the wall.

It does matter, in that this is not on the PC version.  Somebody that does not have any kind of mobile device cannot do this.

But yes, as to whether or not it actually deletes your account, is a big question.  Could this be a way to not be a multi?

I do have a way of testing this, but dont know if I want to try it.

• ScottHope
    10,325 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2022 5:49 AM

garyk49:
    I do have a way of testing this, but dont know if I want to try it.

Well, I wouldn't want you to risk anything Gary. Be better to find someone who wants out, like our Mr Feathermerchant.

• MarchieB
    1,529 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2022 6:28 AM

I have no clue as to what extent this function "Deletes" your account but I would wonder if it was added to the mobile app(s) based on a requirement from the phone manufacturers (Apple, Google, ect)??? 

There is no way of doing this "Delete Account" function on the PC version. I'm not sure about the Mac version. And it cannot be done on the WGT.com website through your "My Account" screen either.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2022 7:09 AM

ScottHope:
    I'm still not convinced that this action will remove your account from WGT's database.

If this is being done for GDPR Compliance, It should...

People’s privacy rights

You are a data controller and/or a data processor. But as a person who uses the Internet, you’re also a data subject. The GDPR recognizes a litany of new privacy rights for data subjects, which aim to give individuals more control over the data they loan to organizations. As an organization, it’s important to understand these rights to ensure you are GDPR compliant.

Below is a rundown of data subjects’ privacy rights:

1. The right to be informed
    2. The right of access
    3. The right to rectification
    4. The right to erasure
    5. The right to restrict processing
    6. The right to data portability
    7. The right to object
    8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
  • HamdenPro
    2,467 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2022 10:12 AM

I believe the proper way of deleting one's account, first they should sell back all their clubs for credits.  Then take those credits and send me balls.

Only then, can you delete your account completely.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2022 11:21 AM

HamdenPro:
    Then take those credits and send me balls

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2022 1:36 PM

garyk49:

ScottHope:

Yes Gary, it is the mobile app, but that doesn't really matter, it's still your account with its back up against the wall.

It does matter, in that this is not on the PC version.  Somebody that does not have any kind of mobile device cannot do this.

Download an android emulator.  I use/have used 3 different ones - NoxPlayer, Bluestacks, LDPlayer.  My recommendation is Bluestacks or LDPlayer; NoxPlayer has a habit of freezing and has to be deleted and reinstalled, which is an absolute pain.

Once you've installed the emulator you can go into GooglePlay within the emulator and download WGT.  Apart from the options mentioned earlier, another good reason to download WGT via an emaulator is that you can claim lots of free credits, not just from watching videos (which are quite measly - 150cr per day from watching 75 videos at 2cr per video), but also from Tapjoy offers when they have their Double Credits offers, which is at least once a month, sometimes twice, over a weekend.  Some credits are easy to get from these offers, some not so easy, but you can cherry pick what suits you.  I have amassed many credits since I found out about these Tapjoy offers.  Most of the Tapjoy offers are simply downloading and playing other games, which I do a lot of anyway (which is why I know Nico is telling porkies when he says that Android have told WGT to reduce their amount of adverts; that's the one bad thing about most of the Tapjoy offers - you will have to endure endless adverts, but I just find other things to do while the adverts are on).

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,634 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2022 7:04 PM

PureGro1:

HamdenPro:
    Then take those credits and send me balls

LMAO Oh, boy... that made me laugh!

• PAGES
RSS