Help › Forums

Cunningham;s Law .

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 18 2023 5:04 AM (29 replies)
  • craigswan
    31,541 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2023 11:00 AM

Legit, thank you for this.

I just started getting into PLCs at my new job and from what I’m told, if the laptop turns off while you’re trying to update the machines firmware, you’ve essentially bricked the PLC..

I have spent quite a few hours of my life worrying over this and being on mouse mover duty..

This is gold for me..

• craigswan
    31,541 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2023 4:19 AM
    • It’s low-key trolling. The motivations of the internet’s loudmouths is clearly to prove they are smarter than you. But what of the motivations of people who posts fake questions? It’s another level of trolling, but it’s trolling anyway. Contributing to the awful way people relate to each other online is should be avoided. At the risk of drawing contradictions in the comment section, we can be better than this..

• craigswan
    31,541 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2023 1:01 PM

Your Welcome .

• craigswan
    31,541 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2023 4:40 AM

Duty Calls

• craigswan
    31,541 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2023 4:42 AM

Cunningham's law states that the best way to get the right answer on the  internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer. What are  some examples where

• craigswan
    31,541 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2023 11:08 AM

A straw man .

A straw man is telling person A that argument B is wrong, therefore person A is wrong, when in fact person A was making argument C..

It is a trick to confuse your opponent and any spectators. it is most often employed by people too stupid to discern between argument B and argument C in the first place, which is to say it is most often employed inadvertently..

Amusingly, most times when people accuse someone else of making a straw man argument, they then proceed to immediately make a straw man argument themselves in explaining the claim..

• craigswan
    31,541 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2023 11:16 AM

The distance between Cunningham's Law and Trolling is measured in tears per fact.

As the fact drops to zero the ratio asymptotically approaches infinity, at which point you have entered trolling nirvana.

As the tears approach zero you have entered zen, the world where all facts are made plain and understandable, and problems no longer exist..

• craigswan
    31,541 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2023 11:37 AM

Man's mind is so formed that it is far more susceptible to falsehood than to truth..

RSS