Forums

Help › Forums

New Legend

Sun, Nov 27 2011 10:21 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 7:38 AM

It comes as a bit of a shock when your average shoots up and you change from being a good TM to a lowly Legend.  Practice is the only cure I'm afraid.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 7:46 AM

Play a lot of AS Legend games. A great way to learn the ropes.  :-)

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 7:55 AM

piztaker:

It comes as a bit of a shock when your average shoots up and you change from being a good TM to a lowly Legend.  Practice is the only cure I'm afraid.

My average ballooning doesn't worry me too much at all. I know if i get the shot selection and execution right the scores will follow.

I fear that those i have been playing with (mainly Masters and TM's) might be a bit reluctant to play with me anymore due to the speed of the greens. I suppose the only way around that is to play purely practice rounds so the conditions can be set to suit them more than me.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 8:01 AM

manabouttown11:
    I fear that those i have been playing with (mainly Masters and TM's) might be a bit reluctant to play with me anymore due to the speed of the greens. I suppose the only way around that is to play purely practice rounds so the conditions can be set to suit them more than me.

Do them a favor and teach them. They will be better for it. Besides, the difference in the 2 green speeds is not that bad. I tell TMs to putt like a TM uphill and back off on the down hill putts. Breaks seem bigger but only because you're putting slower, just allow a little more room.  Don't forget, they're not teeing off from the parking lot so they have the advantage.  ;-)

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 10:21 AM

"HUGH GRATZ" on Legend. You have made it the top now you just got to perfect your game and know when you get there it was all the tiers, game good and bad that got you there. I just made TM today myself and am stoked about the next challange of Legend and hope to join you and other Legends in the near future will see how long it takes, lol.

Mes.

• PAGES
RSS