Forums

Help › Forums

Who will have the last word .

Fri, Sep 27 2024 6:54 AM (1,393 replies)
  • craigswan
    31,541 Posts
    Sat, Nov 25 2023 3:11 AM

Inventor of the Shopping Cart Sylvan Nathan Goldman Died November 25, 1984 b. 1898 American businessman. Inventor of the shopping cart (1937). He had noticed that customers quit shopping when their handheld baskets became full. His first cart was essentially a folding chair with wheels and baskets attached. The carts were initially a flop, as shoppers were reluctant to use them. Men found them effeminate and women thought them too much like a baby carriage. So, Goldman hired both male and female models to shop with them. Eventually, folding carts became extremely popular and Goldman became a multimillionaire by collecting a royalty on every folding design shopping cart in the United States. He also invented "nested" shopping carts, where the carts are pushed inside of each other for storage..

20 Things We Miss About Driving Our First Car

• craigswan
    31,541 Posts
    Sat, Nov 25 2023 3:22 AM

No Food GIF

• craigswan
    31,541 Posts
    Sat, Nov 25 2023 9:01 AM
    I had a happy childhood. My dad used to put me in tires and roll me down hills. Those were Goodyears..
  • craigswan
    31,541 Posts
    Sat, Nov 25 2023 12:01 PM

Artificial Intelligence  can guess your age, location, gender and income with up to 85% accuracy by analysing your social media posts.

Now can they give AI a sense of humor so I can stop getting 30 day bans from making a simple joke .

• craigswan
    31,541 Posts
    Sat, Nov 25 2023 12:05 PM

The most liked instagram photo of all time .

The 'egg' creator said the social media success was a 'fluke. Credit: Instagram/@world_record_egg

• craigswan
    31,541 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2023 4:13 AM
    Warning as world’s biggest iceberg twice the size of London moves for first time in 30 years .
  • craigswan
    31,541 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2023 4:15 AM
    Only Woman to Receive the U.S. Medal of Honor Mary Edwards Walker Born November 26, 1832 d. 1919 American physician, women's rights leader. She was the first female surgeon in the U.S. Army (1864), and the only woman to receive the U.S. Medal of Honor (1865), which she received for her efforts to treat the wounded during the Civil War. However, it was revoked in 1916 and then reinstated in 1977. In 1897 she established a women's colony called "Adamless Eden."
  • ScottHope
    10,338 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2023 4:18 AM

craigswan:
    Warning as world’s biggest iceberg twice the size of London moves for first time in 30 years .

Where did it move to?

Should I look out for it?

• craigswan
    31,541 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2023 1:37 PM

Yes Scott .

The largest iceberg on planet Earth is about to break away from Antarctic water boundaries.

A23a first split away from the Antarctic coastline in 1986 and has spent more than 30 years attached to the ocean floor.

However, the mammoth ice slab has recently become unanchored from the Weddell Sea and has been recorded drifting at speed.

Probably better classed as an ice island than an iceberg, A23a is twice the size of Greater London and spans 1,500 square miles.

As one of the bergs that broke off from the White Continent’s Filchner Ice Shelf 37 years ago, A23a is notorious for its thickness as well as its width.

It’s said that the ice is around 400m deep, which makes it taller than the London Shard (309.6m) and skyscraper 22 Bishopsgate (278m)..

In recent months, A23a has reportedly been propelled forward by high winds and fast currents.

Interestingly, it is now passing the northern tip of the Antarctic Peninsula and could be on its way towards British territory..

‘Circumpolar Current’.

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2023 2:07 PM

craigswan:
    towards British territory..

That's quite a relative statement seeing as close to 1/4 of land on the planet is or was under British control. The trade winds & currents will guild that berg anywhere it wants to go.

There is no stopping it. Newton says so

Well, there is always the nuclear deterrent

RSS