Help › Forums

Legend Cabo Full 18 Ready-Go (1000c)

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 26 2012 8:39 PM (50 replies)
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Dec 7 2011 7:44 AM

PGAbound67:

There is definitely a 49 coming. I just finished up a round of 51 and left 3 possible eagles out there, along with making par @ 13(missed green long). I did get lucky with holeouts on 10 and 11, though 11 could be a solid eagle opportunity with a headwind(I played it smart after parring it the last 3 tournaments, hit 3w off tee and flopped in from 28yds). Then didn't eagle either of the par 5s on back 9, lipped out 12 and didn't give myself a good chance on 15..It's coming folks, only a matter of time until we see our first 49.

Ooo, very nice 51 Dan, impressive....certainly the 49 will be seen soon, great golf bud.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2011 2:10 PM

I've been really struggling in this Comp...lol.  Don't have trouble with the green speeds, just the shorter tees...lol. I've had better scores off the Legend tees at Cabo than the Whites.

I wanted that Diamond Cabo Award though, so I had to be stupid to keep on trying. Shot a 57 yesterday, you beauty. I had a 15ft putt(big downhill) for eagle on the 2nd...forgot it was Champ greens... hmmm, ended up 10ft past and 3putted for par...grrr.  A couple of birdie putts missing by inches, so it could have been better (famous words, could have been...lol)

I knew the score was going to be a loss still.. ended losing $5..lol, but money back for 55 is getting a bit stupid I think. I know it's off the Whites, but you still have post the score. It's fun playing off the shorter tees and I really enjoy it, but the scores are way too low to make any money outa it.  Don't get me wrong, it's fantastic to see low scores like this. Looked at the final results.. it just looked strange, I came 13th for 500cr...... 55's got money back... 54 was one shot off the winning score. I think there was a few 53's that was the winning score.  I can't put me finger on it,  but maybe the payouts are too top heavy.  Eventually people are going to get sick of  the low scores been shot and really, not get much rewards back.... perfect example would be the 2k Oakmont, still going after nearly a week.

I've got me Diamond Cabo now... So I'm really happy :)

Cheers

Roger

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2011 3:26 PM

Finally here it is, wgts first 49:

Wait... what the hell happened there at 11??? Alright lets tell the full story:

I'm actually at the beginning of feeling a bit nervous, game feels rocksolid and the score is too. Thought about playing safe and having to eagle both par 5`s but thought... nah lets try to bring it in close, you will safe birdie somehow if it fails. Missed ding just enough to the right to catch the left lip of the green bunker. 17yds, no cleveland wedge in the bag... + me, possible the worst bunker player legend swinging the club. Didnt have much of a chance, ending 11 ft behind the hole, downslope bender. Not too close to say the least with that putt, but a solid straight 4 ft back. Breaks right though and lips out nicely for a BOGEY at #11 =) Apart from another nice 100° lipout from 8ft at 13 and this hole, a perfect round. Steven, prepare for running, someone will do it soon ;)

Cheers, Hans

• sunshinewilly
    346 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2011 6:11 PM

I still dont think its going to happen.  You need a perfect round.  5 eagles plus 13 birds for a 49.  That means no mistakes.  No matter what, there is (almost) always one error per round, be it a Dev or a missed ding.  I don't see the 49 unless this thing runs for another couple months, but maybe im wrong ;)

• theeboondock
    3 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2011 7:42 PM

shooting in the 50s is hard to swallow and believe, has the program been circumvented already?

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 11:03 AM

theeboondock:

shooting in the 50s is hard to swallow and believe, has the program been circumvented already?

It takes about a year of practice, fast reflexes, good clubs and a steady nerve (I cannot tell you how many times a perfect round falls to pieces, just look at Hans' score for #11 during the near-perfect round).

I have shot in the 50's once, and I'm a pretty bad player compared with the guys who are challenging sub-50.

At the start it feels like a mountainous task, but if you keep trying and upgrading clubs - you will probably make it in 3 years tops.

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2011 5:59 AM

Well well, its just a matter of time. Has anyone been closer then 1 feet to a 49? =)

This was for the magic number:

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=544c96c1-9fd6-4b8c-bfb4-9fbb00e501fd

Cheers, Hans...

btw: i have not screamed "one time" any louder so far... :-)

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2011 6:04 AM

Hanswurst72:

Well well, its just a matter of time. Has anyone been closer then 1 feet to a 49? =)

This was for the magic number:

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=544c96c1-9fd6-4b8c-bfb4-9fbb00e501fd

Cheers, Hans...

btw: i have not screamed "one time" any louder so far... :-)

LOL Hans, damn that was close. Its coming...

• lbcgolf
    314 Posts
    Mon, Dec 19 2011 8:02 PM

First time I've looked at this thread but I agree.  Overall I'd say I'm probably underwater on this tourney, but it's so much fun I consider the $10 just an entry fee.  If I get some of it back then it's just icing on the cake.

Only thing bad about it is that I might get suicidal if I 3 putt from 6 feet on some of those NASTY greens like 10 and 18.  Yikes!

das ist gut ja Hans!

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 10:31 AM

Bumpity bump. I been thinking about this, and this would be the perfect card, using all low scores I've hear over this RG's running.

1: Birdie

2: Eagle

3: Eagle

4. Eagle

5: Eagle (hit the rocks on the tee shot and flop it in)

6: Birdie

7: Birdie

8: Eagle (it can be done, big drive leaves a short wedge)

9: Birdie

That's a 22 front 9, and I'm combining the best scores for each hole I've seen during the comp, with the exception of unlikely long-distance holeouts.

10: Birdie

11: Eagle (bee-atch of a green, but a short hole)

12: Eagle

13: Birdie

14: Eagle (same reason as #8)

15: Eagle

16: Eagle (I did this one myself, green can be driven and then the longish putt drained)

17: Birdie

18: Birdie

22 back 9, gives a 44 full 18. 5 spare shots there to still break 50.

So, why was the barrier not broken?

• Championship greens
    • Cabo's greens are a bee-atch at times
    • The immense pressure
    • It was a single play Ready-Go, not very many chances to grind out the rounds in search of sub-50
    • 1k credits on the line (this is a small factor, but it affected me a lot

I think Championship greens, along with viciously sloped greens in places, along with little opportunities to grind for sub-50, along with some big credits on the line held the barrier in place.

For now...

RSS