Forums

Help › Forums

Current "NON-beta" Flash Player Revisions

Thu, Jun 24 2010 11:34 AM (23 replies)
  • PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2010 7:01 AM

Check HERE to see your current Flash Player version, as well as the latest revision available.

Alternately, while logged-in, right-clicking your mouse in any Flash window, i.e. the "Play Now" window (on the left side of your screen), or while on the game screen, will bring-up "About Adobe Flash Player XX" (usually the bottom item in the list). Clicking that item will also take you to the link provided above.

Instructions for updating your revision are there, if you see that your player's revision number is out-dated.

It's a very quick process... no "uninstallations" or "restarts" are necessary. It usually takes less than a minute to accomplish. ***SEE EDIT ABOUT "MAJOR VERSION CHANGES".

***EDIT: UPGRADING FROM 10.0 VERSIONS OF FLASH TO 10.1 VERSIONS (or "rolling-back" to 10.0 versions) NECESSITATES FIRST UNINSTALLING THE PREVIOUS VERSION, AND THEN RESTARTING ONE'S SYSTEM.***

It's important that we keep-up with the upgraded revisions. They not only contain enhancements to make the gameplay better, they often contain updated security features.

Good Luck,

- PugsAce

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 6:32 PM

Time to update!

Flash Player Version 10,0,45,2 was released yesterday (2/11/2010). Follow the instructions in the post above to update your Flash Version.

Current Versions:

After you've updated, your version should look like this:

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2010 1:09 PM

Where's infinito? Is this anything like what caused the Yellow Caution Sign thread?

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2010 11:24 PM

The problem is with adobe flash beta version 2.  I have read up considerably on that version.  There is a major bug where hardware acceleration is not being used correctly as well as memory not being released.  So, the version that is shown above is version 10 not 10.1.  Yes I have tried it, no problems.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2010 7:13 AM

Thanks guys. Yes, the Flash Versions shown in my previous posts only refer to the "regular" NON-Beta versions of the Flash Player.

So as not to create any confusion... there also is a "beta" version of Flash Player available. I cannot either recommend or warn against using this beta version, as I've never used it. This beta version is offered seperately on another page for download/testing and updates for the beta Player are different.

Again, the versions I've reported are only for the "regular" versions of the Flash Player that is used with the game.

• Puebloune
    18 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 7:41 PM

Did you test the new flash? It seems I have issues with the new one. My graphics are kinda "lagging",

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 12:19 PM

Hi Pueblo,

I've been trying it myself all morning and don't see any difference in performance (for better or worse).  When I installed the upgrade I uninstalled the old version first, cleared my browser and flash caches (to take care of any older elements) and then re-installed the new version.  I'd recommend clearing your caches since the update doesn't take care of that for you and there are new options in the Global Settings Manager.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 1:07 PM

Just to add to adobe flash, make sure your video card drivers are up to date.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 1:23 PM

I did exactly what Niv did prior to getting updated version...it also recomended I restart BEFORE I install New Version. Still , mine was very jerky. The meter was very smooth , just the ball flight and roll was very jumpy. So I uninstalled and re-installed an archived version of 10. Atleast untill you all can figure it out 4 me...  : )  Pretty please....                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            "Ace"

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 4:31 PM

Umm, nevermind...lol    Shadow fixed it for me...Thank You Shadow...it's running like lightening.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              "Ace"

RSS