Help › Forums

Google Chrome

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 21 2011 2:49 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • OmegaManKFH
    113 Posts
    Wed, Dec 21 2011 5:04 AM

I've heard(seen) people talking about Google Chrome being a better browser to play the game on. So, I loaded it and this is what I got;

Commercials and very slow loading.

What is it you folks get out of it, besides that? I much prefer IE over Chrome at this point. I get no commercials and a much faster game load. I saw no difference in game play. Just askin.....

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Dec 21 2011 5:19 AM

OmegaManKFH:

Install the AdBlock extension. Options/Extensions. The loading will get better as you load the game files intot he browser cache. You're starting empty. 

Also, make sure closing the browser isn't defaulting to the actions it's set up for. Again, Options/Under the Hood/Clear browsing data-uncheck everything except Empty the cache.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Dec 21 2011 5:44 AM

YankeeJim:

OmegaManKFH:

Install the AdBlock extension. Options/Extensions. The loading will get better as you load the game files intot he browser cache. You're starting empty. 

Also, make sure closing the browser isn't defaulting to the actions it's set up for. Again, Options/Under the Hood/Clear browsing data-uncheck everything except Empty the cache.

Where is the AdBlock extension, I go to extensions and it says there is none. I did finally get CD to work but very slow on screen changing in a game at night only.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Dec 21 2011 6:14 AM

Woodoworkery:
    Where is the AdBlock extension, I go to extensions and it says there is none.

You have to "Get More Extensions"-click that. In the event you can't find that, get them here.

Resist the temptation to put games and garbage on CD-use Chrome if you must.  ;-)

• Longwedge
    885 Posts
    Wed, Dec 21 2011 6:21 AM

In all honesty, I'm using Firefox for everything now.  I tried Chrome and it was better than IE, but frankly I feel that Firefox has been great and very reliable for me. If you are having problems with Chrome, or if it isn't working with your particular system for some reason, give Firefox a go...you may like it.

-Long

• Fredddddy
    177 Posts
    Wed, Dec 21 2011 7:01 AM

I have been using comodo dragon for a very long time have had very few if any meter issues and keep this browser dedicated to wgt only

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Dec 21 2011 7:52 AM

Fredddddy:

I have been using comodo dragon for a very long time have had very few if any meter issues and keep this browser dedicated to wgt only

+1

• OmegaManKFH
    113 Posts
    Wed, Dec 21 2011 8:08 AM

I'm not getting any meter issues. It's rare that it stutters. I am also pretty good about removing my hand from the mouse when this happens. It keeps me from that premature clickulation. Thanks for the responses.

• Midoh
    200 Posts
    Wed, Dec 21 2011 9:27 AM

I had issues with IE kicking me out of multi player games. Switched to Chrome, for this game only & haven't been booted since. ( yet )

• AwsomeAl
    237 Posts
    Wed, Dec 21 2011 9:49 AM

hpurey:

Fredddddy:

+1

Me and i would say half of our c.c use Comodo and were all delighted.

• PAGES
RSS