Forums

Help › Forums

Severe lag if you use a logitech gaming mouse - WGT read this.

Sun, Dec 11 2011 1:38 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 9:32 PM

I bought a Logitech (G500) gaming mouse this evening, I absolutely love it but there was one huge problem.

When I moved the mouse in the game, the game lagged like MAD and my CPU resources went from 5% or so to almost 70%. Lag was so bad while moving my mouse that the little balls on the putting grid would completely stop.

After hours of Google searches, I found the problem.

Most mice have a polling rate of about 125, the Logitech Setpoint software is set to make the default polling rate 500. This in turn eats a ton of USB power and a ton of CPU resources.

Simply go into you your setpoint settings, click pointers and go all the way to the bottom. Set the polling rate to be 250 or less, or whatever "feels" right in the game.

Problem solved!

Anyone with a gaming mouse experiencing severe lag should check this setting ASAP. It didn't really occur while using other applications but definitely killed the game for me.

WGT - You may consider stickying this post for future reference. It could be a huge lag issue for many users.

Good shooting!

GD

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 9:59 PM

hmmm....that is good to know...a little late for me...lol...but good to know, none the less.  Of course you know I am going to ask you to guide me through the steps you were mentioning above....LOL...As I have a logitech.....I will see ya in ven tomorrow, what time will you be around?

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 10:06 PM

Hey GD,I have a Logitech mouse too and when I go to the place you said to go,

I see a scale that says..... slow- - - - - * - - - -fast.    The setting is in the middle right now

Is this how you adjust the polling rate?

I have had some of the problems you mentioned but nothing major but I do need all the help I can get.I would hate to be missing something.

I could be in the wrong place,if so please let me know.Thanks GD

Larry

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 11:21 PM

Something I may need to clear up is this: Your mouse MUST be a Logitech Gaming mouse that uses the Setpoint software. These mice would include the G5, G9, G9x, G500 and maybe a few more. This does NOT apply to all logitech mice. The biggest reason for posting this was to help people that are having huge lag issues while moving the mouse and are using one of these particular mice.

Brandi, I'll gladly go over the settings with you tomorrow if you;re using a "gaming mouse" and get you helped out :)

Larry:

I just went to photoshop and created a picture with the highlighted fields that need the changes. Hopefully, this picture will help you out.

GD

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 5:46 AM

Thanks GD,

I got my mouse at Wal-mart and I don't know exactly what kind it is except that it is a Logictech.I'll stop back by there and see what kind I bought.I bought this one because it doesn't have that little wheel on the bottom.It has a red light underneath it.Pretty cool.

I'll follow the steps you post and thanks in advance for you time and help.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 9:20 AM

Wanted to keep this thread accessible in "My Discussions", thus this post. I have a Dell mouse, which I believe is a Logitech, but it's not adjustable. It also is an optical one like you have, GIT.

For some reason... call it a "gut feeling"... I think this "discovery" could be a "revelation".

Thanks for taking the time to share it in this thread, GolfDum! 

:^)

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 10:41 AM

Hey GD,thanks a lot.

I changed the settings and it seems to be a little bit better.

I'll have to carefully do some tweeking for optimal results but so far so good.

Thanks GD

Larry

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 10:50 AM

Glad to help Larry...Don't be scared to take it down to 125 :)

Brian

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 5:54 PM

Thank you WGT, for cleaning this up. Excellent job!

• rnegv
    55 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 3:53 PM
    No problems with the razor
  • PAGES
RSS