Forums

Help › Forums

CC Tourn. ideas

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 29 2012 5:15 PM (20 replies)
  • overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2012 6:25 AM

Hi everyone. This topic may have been started and finished befiore. I'm not sure. Thats why I'm staring this one..lol. I just thought of inquiring as a community if we could get some ideas and or suggestions from other cc owners / members on some of  your in-house tourns. that have been or are today successful? 

Successful in a sense of , very good participation, fun competition, and a format that is simple and time friendly.

This isn't a personal inquiry. I am thinking more along the lines that this topic will benefit everyone, especially cc's that may be struggling with in-house tourn. participation. 

So. Let me get it started;

We run TECC Weekly Singles Tour. This tour runs for 10 consecutive weeks. 5 Tours for the entire year with 2 weeks off  during the Dec. Holiday. There are 2 separate Tour Divisions which players choose to compete in prior to the start of each 10 wk Tour.       The Divisions are - A) The Leaders Div. B.)The Legends Div. Each week there are 4 - 9 Hole Single play course that are open for the entire week. (very time friendly). Your best 3 scores at the end of each week are tallied and posted on our Tour TB. We also have a "point" system in place. At the end of the 10 week Tour the top 8 point scores from each Div. will battle it out in a 3 - 18 Hole Single Play Tour Championship. 

We average a 50% member participation rate in this Tour. Very cool. 

Well, I hope this takes off. Thank you everyone for all your help and support. edge.. and if I may end this with  - GAME ON!!!!

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2012 8:43 AM

Good idea for a new discussion OTE. I'll take a moment to mention a tourney my CC (English Lakes) runs:

This comp is last man standing. Each week, everyone posts a score in the 9-hole weekly single play, and the player with the worst score (including his/her handicap) is out, along with anyone who didn't post a score. The last man/woman standing is the winner. 

This idea can be adapted for CC's with more players, for example knocking out the worst 3 each week. 

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2012 12:25 PM

Very cool idea. Time friendly and really no pressure. Thanks Sarge.

• xstinsonx
    363 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2012 1:03 PM

We are starting a Iron's Only Open. Only irons, wedges and putter with a wgt starter ball. We are going to use easy tees, low wind and medium pin location. We started it out small as a team based tourny with 6 teams playing skins. Winner's win a sleeve of balls each. Nothing fancy but the holes are much longer teeing off with your 3 iron lol.

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2012 9:51 PM

We did a starter clubs & balls match play, single elimination tourney.... we've also done a five clubs only (4 plus putter) comp, playing in pairs ... Also best ball, pairing players from different tiers... We have a "survivor" meets "big break" one going on now, but that's pretty labor intensive; also team events with individual scores counting toward separate prizes. 

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2012 2:48 AM

Thank you. Some really cool ideas. Lets try to keep them coming. Hopefully we can get enough ideas / suggestions that we can use this thread as a reference guide to CC Tourns. or Chunkies Comedy Corner. May be wishful thinking but you don't know until you try. Thanks again everyone.

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 5:22 AM

Starting a new week so lets give it a bump. Thanks everyone. 

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 9:03 AM

To start the week right .. thought you'd like to hear about another contest we have going on right now in the Deviations Clubhouse.   The objective is to post the movie poster which most closely depicts your current sex life.   While I won't put in pics of the posters or match the titles to the members of the club (will be too long) ... some of the movie titles are definitely worth mentioning.     

"Movie Titles Which Depict Your Current Sex Life"

1. Gone with the wind
    2. Up in smoke
    3. The Fast and The Furious
    4. Animal Farm
    5. Idle Hands
    6. Simple Jack
    7. Cool Hand Luke
    8. Sex Drive
    9. Great Balls of Fire
    10. Dr. Strangelove
    11. The 40 year old Virgin
    12. Alone in the Dark
    13. Anaconda
    14. The Jerk
    15. The Longest Yard

And my personal submission ............ HELP !!!!!

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 9:34 AM

We ran a Miss America contest last month. Fastest tourney to fill up. Faster then a meter on starter balls.

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 10:38 AM

We had a Virtual Limbo... but everyone got bored after they couldn't go under 1 pixel.

RSS