Forums

Help › Forums

CC Tourn. ideas

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 29 2012 5:15 PM (20 replies)
  • overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 4:21 PM

These are all great tourns. or hmmmm, something or others, but we're looking more along the lines " WGT - CC - Virtual - GOLF - Competition. Appreciate all the great ideas though.

Try to get back on track - CC GOLF Tourns. ideas.  Lou, you making me revert to the way I use to talk with my children, "specific".

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 5:01 PM

I'm sorry Edge .. But this contest was so funny I had to share.    And we really are holding it .. no lie.

The latest entry was too funny to be left out.   Submitted by ... well ... use your imagination ... I guess it could be anyone in "Deviations".   :)

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 5:12 PM

Again, much appreciated. haahaa uh hm...ha. ha.

CC Tourn. /  ideas anyone coming in late.

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 10:42 AM

overtheedge:

Hi everyone. This topic may have been started and finished befiore. I'm not sure. Thats why I'm staring this one..lol. I just thought of inquiring as a community if we could get some ideas and or suggestions from other cc owners / members on some of  your in-house tourns. that have been or are today successful? 

Successful in a sense of , very good participation, fun competition, and a format that is simple and time friendly.

This isn't a personal inquiry. I am thinking more along the lines that this topic will benefit everyone, especially cc's that may be struggling with in-house tourn. participation. 

So. Let me get it started;

We run TECC Weekly Singles Tour. This tour runs for 10 consecutive weeks. 5 Tours for the entire year with 2 weeks off  during the Dec. Holiday. There are 2 separate Tour Divisions which players choose to compete in prior to the start of each 10 wk Tour.       The Divisions are - A) The Leaders Div. B.)The Legends Div. Each week there are 4 - 9 Hole Single play course that are open for the entire week. (very time friendly). Your best 3 scores at the end of each week are tallied and posted on our Tour TB. We also have a "point" system in place. At the end of the 10 week Tour the top 8 point scores from each Div. will battle it out in a 3 - 18 Hole Single Play Tour Championship. 

We average a 50% member participation rate in this Tour. Very cool. 

Well, I hope this takes off. Thank you everyone for all your help and support. edge.. and if I may end this with  - GAME ON!!!!

HEEEELLLLLPPPP!!!! 

Well. At least I gave it a try.

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 9:39 AM

overtheedge:

HEEEELLLLLPPPP!!!! 

Looks like you've gone overtheedge. LOL

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 2:11 PM

Looks that way Sarge. I hooked the link to a similar thread so at the least, its floating around....lol.

• jwhistler31
    357 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 2:27 PM

I'm a member of Country Club of Atlanta and ran a Fashionably Challenged Tourney, where everyone who played in the tourney posted 1 replay with comment, they were judged on best shot, worst shot, most unusual shot, best comment by poster.... basically whatever- whoever I deemed the winner won a new avitar (credit limit estab in rules).... It was light, funny, created a lot of comments in the forum and everyone had fun.... 

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 6:18 PM

lvietri:

To start the week right .. thought you'd like to hear about another contest we have going on right now in the Deviations Clubhouse.   The objective is to post the movie poster which most closely depicts your current sex life.   While I won't put in pics of the posters or match the titles to the members of the club (will be too long) ... some of the movie titles are definitely worth mentioning.     

"Movie Titles Which Depict Your Current Sex Life"

1. Gone with the wind
    2. Up in smoke
    3. The Fast and The Furious
    4. Animal Farm
    5. Idle Hands
    6. Simple Jack
    7. Cool Hand Luke
    8. Sex Drive
    9. Great Balls of Fire
    10. Dr. Strangelove
    11. The 40 year old Virgin
    12. Alone in the Dark
    13. Anaconda
    14. The Jerk
    15. The Longest Yard

And my personal submission ............ HELP !!!!!

LMAO..Some sick puppies in your CC man...   esp who ever chose #4!!!!

As the Mrs is at present in 'Ask Dad to pass the salt, please.' mode - may I add Free Willy to your list?

;o)

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 6:53 PM

Not in the club, but here's my submission anyway:

GIrl, Interrupted    

• Robbie0102
    636 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 11:38 AM

overtheedge:

CC Tourn. /  ideas anyone coming in late.

Hey Edge,

I have an idea and I'll try it in my own club ... the problem, every player has to take a look in the forum regularly or on the club homepage, but not every player does. I think you don't have this problems in your club ... ;-)

What's the idea? A tournament like a "real tournament". My idea:

Four rounds 18 or eight rounds 9 holes. Players are playing stroke together in flights, like in real life tounaments for the first 24 rounds three players in every flight. The scores should be entered by the players in a leaderboard made e.g. by Google.

After 2/ 4 rounds the cut is made and the top 2 players are playing the 3rd/ 5th & 6th round in one flight, No. 3 & 4 in the next and so on. And for the final rounds the same procedure ... you know the procedure.

A simple idea, I think, but not easy to implement ... But perhaps easier for a CC with a lot of active players. :-)

Other things: In our club we're playing multiround-tournaments with a special handicap system, but I think that's not an extraordinary thing. In addition we played the Club Match Play Championships, next month the Club Blitzgame Championships and every week 18-, 9-hole and CTTH-tournaments, summarized in a club ranking. If your interested in more, please take a look on our site

CC for GOLFAHOLICS

or contact me.

Perhaps these are a few ideas for you? :-)

Best regards,

Robbie

RSS