Help › Forums

I can't even beat a hack

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 30 2012 12:35 PM (45 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 8:34 PM

Hewsey:
    The player in question is now a TP so unless he/ she keeps going back to new accounts I'm not so sure he/ she has done much wrong.

Did you see the first score posted?

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 10:35 PM

oneeyedjohn:
    Where do these people come from.

KIDS KIDS KIDS X 1000000000 ...........AKA GAMERS  not hard to fiq

As far as WGT is concerned....SHOW ME THE MONEY  Bottom line. Integrity with this game has gone beyond? 

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 11:56 PM

what will a cheater do after his/her account is closed?(Imagine he was TM at the moment he was discovered)

R: He/she will create another account... and more dangerous this time, because he/she will be better.... and he restart as hack again, with experience so he/she will shot bad rounds too just to fake a decent profile...

What will happen when he she is discovered agan? (if he/she is discoeverd) ....another, and another and another...etc....

I had being thinking about this for a while and I find no solution :s :( and it is a shame. And the problem is that the game is free... so anyone with a email adress can enter... and anyone can create 10 email adresses and enter 10 accounts.... 

Unless: (this is my solution) 

WGT charge 1 single dollar for the creation of an account! you will need a credit card to do that, and to have a credit card you will need an ID and than cannot be fake. 

So if you want to create another account you cannot use your own credit card to buy the membership... ok they can ask a friend that doesnt play... but Im sure the multy accounting problem will be reduced by a lot....

If it is a kid, WGT will know that the kid is using mommy's credit card and so It will be controlled for not to play for money...etc... and lot of problems solved this way :)

beacuse at the end: who are the ones that keep the site runing? people with credit cards! :D (cheaters do not expend a single dime in here, but steal from people who does, and they make people to think twice before investing anything, so another problem solve)

... but, Just my idea!

cheers

Jvr.

• Michelled79
    164 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 12:37 AM

renniw52:

Michelle, please. in the short time you have been here, do you really think it is possible to shoot awesome scores in less than a week? Some people may be that good, HMMMMMM. Best 18 round of 60, after less than 300 ranked rounds is quite the accomplishment. You folks are killing me.

I really hope i have got the wrong end of the stick and you are not suggesting what i think you are suggesting, i was merely stating that WGT has a hard time of it and to try and keep up with all the sandbaggers would be pretty impossible. Just a small defense for WGT as they provide a pretty good game, and keeps me off the streets!

And by the way, i hit a round of 60 once ever in a very forgiving cc tourny, i think u will find my next best is a good 4 shots more. I also hate the way you make me feel like i have to defend myself, by you delving into my profile to find something to moan about.

I totally agree sandbaggers are a thorn in the side of alot of players, but just dont see how wgt can do anything about it. The credit card idea is a good one however, the biggest selling point of this game is that it can be played 100% free. I do not own a credit card, and have spent very little in this game, being frugal with my saved up free creds from vids and surveys etc.

Highlighting them here is an excellent idea, that way people can avoid them in multiplayer games. Maybe a new thread titled Wall of Shame may be appropriate to post evidence of theses people. Dont think icon would allow it though.

Its just down to the integrity of the player to play in an honest fashion, and like i said before, some people will always take advantage. Its very sad but such is life.

Michelle

• JayeffGee
    1 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 1:09 AM

I can't get into tourneys cause i entered the wrong date of birth...

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 6:21 AM

JayeffGee:

I can't get into tourneys cause i entered the wrong date of birth...

hi

please email us at members@worldgolftour.com and we'll fix it for ya.

-wgticon

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 6:39 AM

The credit card idea would be great JVR! It absolutely would reduce the problem. How about every member here pays a dollar on a card now? Maybe we can get 3 courses this year. LOL

HAWK

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 7:14 AM

But it is a major part of the business model that it is free to play. When players get hooked (those are the players WGT is most interested in) you realize that you need to buy in for equipment, balls etc. if you want to get the most out of the experience. (Of course, technically speaking, you could keep playing for free indefinitely.) They're trying to cast the net as wide as they can to bring in the folks who will make the site profitable. 

• jimmassie
    53 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 7:42 AM

Hey Boys and Girls this is a game, a FREE game, soooo get a life, don't gamble, and if you do, expect to get fleeced, cheating is as old as time don't you know, so loosen up and enjoy this game for what is.  Another note as to how serious some people take this game.  I was involved in a "Alternate Shot" game the other day, I'm a Tour Pro, the other three were, a Tour Pro,  a Tour Master and a Legend.  This was the most boring game I have ever been involved in as the Tour Master and the Legend could not play for talking about all of the different scales the math and other gimmicks they use to play this game, as I said they ruined the round for me and the other Tour Pro, and these two "Stuffed Shirts" wasn't a whole lot better than myself and the other Tour Pro.  Just a thought ---Cheers.

jimmassie

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 7:45 AM

No no Michelle, I was not suggesting anything like you are thinking. A 12 under round is impressive to me. And yes, it is killing me, because I haven't shot that low yet. No need to defend anything if your straight up. Keep swinging.

RSS