Forums

Help › Forums

WGT

Tue, Mar 13 2012 2:01 AM (24 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2012 3:48 PM

LizzieRossetti:
    Pity, because I have the ability to prove an exceptional exception to that particular rule.

That she does!

If I may interject, I think the OP was saying the marker said 12 inches uphill when it was really 12 inches downhill.  And to be honest, I have thought that a few times too.  Granted, I may have misread it, but only a few days ago I was sure I'd read one way and it was actually the other.

Two problems here:

1) In a multi-player game you cannot save a replay as someone suggested.

2) You don't always realise it is wrong until after you have hit the putt, and because the marker then disappears, there is no way of knowing whether you read it wrong or whether WGT displayed it wrong.

I'm guessing if this is an error, it will most likely stay with us forever.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2012 4:15 PM

MioKontic:
    And to be honest, I have thought that a few times too.  Granted, I may have misread it, but only a few days ago I was sure I'd read one way and it was actually the other.

Yep, have had it happen a handful of times, just assumed I misread the arrow...and like you say, once hit, it's too late...even playing by yourself and saving the replay, does not show any info.

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2012 5:56 PM

hatcojack:

DROP DEAD WGT!!!   info said putt was 12 inches UPHILL  and it was DOWNHILL!!  costing me a match win!!!   BITE ME!

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2012 6:23 PM

sixkiller:

Far more likely that you misread the up-down arrow, if not, you should have saved a replay, and filed a bug report.

If you check a putt on each hole on each course on WGT, you will find many that read uphill for the last 6-12" to the hole. But if you leave that putt 6-12" short, then the next view will almost always show that putt downhill. I see this often. Check it out.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 6:36 AM

LizzieRossetti:

You and I have never played have we Mainz?

Pity, because I have the ability to prove an exceptional exception to that particular rule.

Lizzie xx

I'd be more than delighted to have a game some time Lizzie.  Any time I'm green feel free to send an invite.

• FrankSins
    75 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 7:31 AM

hatcojack:

DROP DEAD WGT!!!   info said putt was 12 inches UPHILL  and it was DOWNHILL!!  costing me a match win!!!   BITE ME!

The arrow doesn't lie. It depends where you are standing as to whether it is up uphill or downhill. It might help if you knew the greens better.

• BogeyMan310
    865 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 8:16 AM

My guess and that is all it is because it happened to me a few times and now I have a tip sheet taped on the wall by my monitor is to always and I mean always check the feet meter of the putter, even though it may be a 12 foot putt, my putter is on the 25 foot meter and not the 15 foot meter and my putt goes sailing across the green, It took me a few long missed putts before learning to always look at the distance and yet I still make the mistake once or twice a week, not the games fault, it is my fault, also always check what club the games gives you.

• 100plus
    801 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 8:27 AM

As a Master with 140 plus ranked rounds and over 2000 alt.shot game rounds 1 would think you would know the greens well enough to know when the putt is up and when is down ,also you failed to mention the length of the putt

my 2 cents

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 8:40 AM

AlaCowboy:

sixkiller:

Far more likely that you misread the up-down arrow, if not, you should have saved a replay, and filed a bug report.

If you check a putt on each hole on each course on WGT, you will find many that read uphill for the last 6-12" to the hole. But if you leave that putt 6-12" short, then the next view will almost always show that putt downhill. I see this often. Check it out.

Easy remedy, you know the different colour putting grids, they're different colour for a reason, red is DOWNHILL, blue is UPHILL and black is FLAT, so double check the green slope indicator with the different colour grid lines and it should help a lot.

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 10:24 AM

MBaggese:
    Very interesting Mr Baggese as you may remember in another link that I am the idiot that said I hit a put at St.A full 10ft on a 6ft down put do you not think it possible that this same thing may have occurred in that particular shot that the sign said down when in fact it was 6ft up only an idiot would hit a ball 10ft on a down hill putt just a thought.

Garry.  P.S unless of course this problem only count's if you are a Legend :)

MioKontic:
    And to be honest, I have thought that a few times too.  Granted, I may have misread it, but only a few days ago I was sure I'd read one way and it was actually the other.

Yep, have had it happen a handful of times, just assumed I misread the arrow...and like you say, once hit, it's too late...even playing by yourself and saving the replay, does not show any info.

RSS