Forums

Help › Forums

Shoutout to BolloxInBruges and Longwedge!

Fri, Mar 23 2012 4:29 AM (20 replies)
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Mar 21 2012 7:54 AM

brhthecarpenter:

right on hp!! i try to help those that will listen, most of the time they just disconnect

LOL   yep.   

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Wed, Mar 21 2012 8:06 PM

Just saw this thread, thanks for the comments.  Haven't had as much WGT time recently, and most the rounds I've played of late haven't been worth recording!  Will try and get some fresh content up sooner than later (maybe tonight if I have a decent round).

www.youtube.com/wgtbollox if anyone needs the link.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Wed, Mar 21 2012 11:22 PM

shoop:
     LoL   !

Shoop? You remind me of "Shemp". A want-to-be "stooge"! 

• SgtScramble
    30 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 2:19 AM

BolloxInBruges:

Just saw this thread, thanks for the comments.  Haven't had as much WGT time recently, and most the rounds I've played of late haven't been worth recording!  Will try and get some fresh content up sooner than later (maybe tonight if I have a decent round).

www.youtube.com/wgtbollox if anyone needs the link.

Awww come on Bollox, you don't only have to post "decent" rounds. I would love to see a couple normal or even semi-bad rounds for the reassurance that even the greats suck as bad as we do sometimes lol.

• TrufflIE
    524 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 2:39 AM

hpurey:

Always happy to help with anything I can.   I may not be the best here, but have most of the knowledge in my head, just can't execute it as often as I would like to.  But doesn't mean the info won't help others.

I had a lot of help from the "Elders" when I first joined, so paying it forward is rewarding for me.

So... any of you "Elders" want to help me? lmao

PS: watched your vids bollox... great stuff, it's nice to know HOW to do some of the things you do.

Be really great to know WHY...

xD

• pacrsfan
    40 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 3:13 PM

Just watched the vids and all I can say is wow.

Lets me know how far I have to go.Amazing putting.

I do have a couple questions 

When you miss the ding is it always on purpose or are you really human after all.lol

Also it seemed on some of your longer shots you seemed to stop just short of full swing?

Is this right?

Of course I have a ton more questions but won't bother you with any more.

thanks

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 9:32 PM

pacrsfan:

Just watched the vids and all I can say is wow.

Lets me know how far I have to go.Amazing putting. 

Thanks, but keep in mind I'm mainly only posting good rounds, definitely miss my fair share in a typical round, especially now w/ 8 courses to memorize it is much harder.  Back in late 2009 and 2010 when there were fewer courses, slower speeds, and spent 3x as much playing as I do now, I'd rarely miss inside 15 ft :)

I do have a couple questions 

When you miss the ding is it always on purpose or are you really human after all.lol

When its putting, its often times intentionally missing.  When it comes to full shots I generally try to favor missing on a certain side of the ding, but still trying to ding the shot.  So to answer the question, it is typically due to to unintentionally missing.  But if you can have it where you miss the majority of the time on more favorable side it helps.

Also it seemed on some of your longer shots you seemed to stop just short of full swing?

I tend to use full backspin more than most of the top players from what I've seen video of, or asked them what they'd hit while playing with them.   So for me personally I will often times hit for instance a full backspin 5i (195 club)  and take off a little power, where a lot of others may choose to go with something like a 6i (180) with no spin or a little top.  Their method is likely better, but it's just the way I learned to play the game and the style I'm more used to. 

Is this right?

Of course I have a ton more questions but won't bother you with any more.

Feel free to ask here or in the comments section on youtube.

thanks

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 9:51 PM

No need to quote BinB...

But my hat is off to you sir for for being so forth coming and helpful.

Yourself, Don and Jake need to write a book!

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2012 3:28 AM

TOTALLY AGREE 100% very nice people makes for a happier world.

GC. 

MBaggese:

No need to quote BinB...

But my hat is off to you sir for for being so forth coming and helpful.

Yourself, Don and Jake need to write a book!

RSS