Advice in buying equipment

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 21 2012 9:30 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • NunoNeves
    10 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2012 8:39 AM

Hello,

i am a new player, and i wanted to know  at the different tiers ,which clubs we should buy to improve our game.

For example, for an Hack, what should he buy first  or what its whorty to buy at that tier.

and for amateur, Pro, etc...

Would be nice to have a list as a guide, and not spent unecessary credits in clubs that arent whorty.

Thks.

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2012 4:15 PM

Lots more people will give you advice on what to get.... I will advise you NOT to get anything just yet. Learn how to play with starter clubs and rack up some experience points (levels) first. 

• NunoNeves
    10 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2012 4:31 PM

thks Leon, i am already amateur, at lvl 26, have my first 50 credits lol

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2012 7:41 PM

Fully agreed with Leon. As you move up, you'll see what part of your game needs the most attention. Moving back in tees? Might need a longer driver. Greens getting faster? Might need a more precise putter or better wedges to stick it close. Need to hit the ding more often? Meter speed.

No easy answers here. I can only tell you that I wasted a BUNCH of credits by not following my, now more educated advice.

You just have to evaluate your own game and recognize the shortfalls It'll be different for every player.

• TrufflIE
    524 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2012 11:23 PM

JimbeauC:

Fully agreed with Leon. As you move up, you'll see what part of your game needs the most attention. Moving back in tees? Might need a longer driver. Greens getting faster? Might need a more precise putter or better wedges to stick it close. Need to hit the ding more often? Meter speed.

No easy answers here. I can only tell you that I wasted a BUNCH of credits by not following my, now more educated advice.

You just have to evaluate your own game and recognize the shortfalls It'll be different for every player.

I can't do anything right.

Any advice for me? xD

• NunoNeves
    10 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2012 6:58 AM

Thks JimbeauC,

the problem here, is that, with so many similar gear, i dont want to make a bad purchase.

But yes, i think the same, i just wanted advice in the specific gear.

• TrufflIE
    524 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2012 1:05 PM

NunoNeves:

Thks JimbeauC,

the problem here, is that, with so many similar gear, i dont want to make a bad purchase.

But yes, i think the same, i just wanted advice in the specific gear.

General rule is this...

The more it costs, the better it is.. lol

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2012 1:51 PM

Wedges should be your first purchase, but not just yet.

• Lashe
    824 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2012 6:48 PM

Everyone's game here is different.  Some need a slower meter speed, etc..  The best advice I can give you is to rent any clubs that you'd like to consider before purchasing them.  This will give you the opportunity to try out the various clubs offered and find the best fit for you before commiting to a purchase at full price.

Best of luck to you in your game here at WGT.  Most of all, Have Fun!

Lashe

• tomdurkin
    2 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2012 7:42 PM

I take advantage of the "free balls" on St Patricks Day, sporting events, etc.  However, while I lose some of the balls in the water, others are just "taken out of play" after a couple of rounds.  Does that same thing happen with balls you buy? 

• PAGES
RSS