Forums

Help › Forums

Why no Master rating? I'm @ 66.62 still Pro

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 26 2010 12:17 PM (6 replies)
  • norcaldood
    11 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 8:28 AM

why  do  people  with  higher  rating  earn  a  master tier?  i  am  at  66.6  and  still  pro

thank you

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 8:42 AM

Once you change tiers you are stuck no matter if your rating goes up or down.  But with your 66.6 I would guess you are only a good round or two away from Master.

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 9:40 AM

People with higher ratings than you don't earn Master.  When they become Master their averages sometimes go up a few points.  I wouldn't be wishing too hard for Master status.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 11:39 AM

Conventional wisdom right now puts Master at around 65.5.

When you get there, you will change.  Once you change, if you play poorly, your ranking will skyrocket again.

Don't put too much faith in other's average.  Play your own game and post every score... you'll get there when you're ready.

Have a nice day.

• paul26
    4 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 12:56 PM

One thing that all master's seem to have in common is that, if you look in statistics, they have more good holes (birdies and eagles) points wise than bad holes.  According to my statistics, I have 100 birdies to go if I am correct.  

I could always be wrong, and you do need a low stroke average as it is an indicator of how well you are doing right now.

Since my game is very spotty, I doubt I'll be there in the master tier any time soon...

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 12:58 PM

Tier promotion is based on your scoring average paul, however, we don't release the exact numbers in order to discourage players from "riding the line" and taking advantage of lower tiers.

• paul26
    4 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2010 12:17 PM

That makes sense, now I know...

RSS