Forums

Help › Forums

WGT: My New Addiction

Thu, Apr 26 2012 9:32 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ChrisWhalen10
    4 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2012 8:48 AM

Hello! I'm a U.S. Army soldier stationed in Germany and I just randomly stumbled upon this game when I downloaded Chrome. I've never been a huge golf fan of any kind but this game is awesome and I'm hooked. Any tips on club upgrades or just advice in general for a new player? Thank you!

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2012 11:56 AM

Welcome to WGT Chris. The forums are a good place  for upgrade advice, I'd also suggest joining one of the smaller Country Clubs that accepts members from all levels to make a few friends and get advice from them also. Aside from that, you may want to seek help from a mental health professional before your addiction becomes full blown, lol.

Doc

• ChrisWhalen10
    4 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 8:26 AM

I don't have a problem I swear lol. Thank you for the advice though I appreciate it!

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 10:19 AM

Chris most of us (me included) bought more clubs than we should have, hence spent more money than we needed to. You will level up quite quickly, so IMHO  wait until you reach  level 48 and purchase the rapture driver, 3 wood & irons. Most on WGT  do not use a hybrid instead go with 3 wedges. Z wedges 50, 77, & 93 yard would be a good start. The level 39 50 yard wedge is deadly around the green & is still used by some of the best golfers on this site.  Hope this helps

• MadMP
    75 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 10:53 AM

Chris, It's like real golf. Don't try to follow too much advice from too many people. You'll pick it up as you go along. Welcome to the club brother.

Chris MadMP

Incidentally the MP stands for Military Police which is what I was in Southeast Asia in the sixties. Thanks for your contribution.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 11:02 AM

hello,  welcome to this game , and ty for being a soldier ,keeping the free world safe, here is what i sugest , read  Getting Started  and the FAQ,s ,  to many of us (me included) dont read them things when we start ,all info are there . all tips ect , then like mentioned before , join a CC, make a few friends  and play with them ask question (there is no stupid question on here )   then level up,  get better equipement  ,good balls are a must for me (debatable for some :) )     and dont give up,  this game can become frustrating and you may not have a addicting prob,  i garanty if you love this game you will become addicted to all of what this game means (its peoples,its support , its chalenge  ect)     excuse my writting     hope to see you on the courses (virtuel)       Frapp

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 11:53 AM

Level.

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 1:43 PM

hi there m8, as a fairly new plyr my self(25 days i think) my advice would be to learn the putting as its where a round of golf is made, driving and iron shots count but scores are made in and around the greens, become jedi in this part and the ret falls into place, personally i didnt buy equipment until lvl 59 as it seemed a waste to buy clubs only to have to re-buy ltr on, i bought the g20 lvl 59 set.

use your time until that lvl on learning the courses and especially the greens, where to try and place your ball and such, if your struggling to get the read of the greens or the speed then buy a putter pal from the pro shop or  make your own. 

most of all learn from mistakes you make and maybe make noters of certain holes where you struggle to find the right club,

and most importantly enjoy and have fun..

ladzrls

• ChrisWhalen10
    4 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 4:59 AM

Thank you all for the info. This is a really welcoming game community which is awesome to see. That's what I always look for in online multiplayers. Hopefully I'll see you all around!

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 10:16 AM

First of all, thank you for your service.  Our country is blessed to have you and others who protect us.  I noticed that you are using starter balls and my suggestion would be to upgrade the ball you use,   Try a couple of kinds but I think any of them will slow down your meter and make the game a bit easier for you.  At least for an old duffer like me who doesn't have the reaction speed to keep up with the meter. 

All the advice that I have read above is sound and just take your time and you will move up very nicely. I'll be glad to try and answer any questions you may have . 

• PAGES
RSS