Forums

Help › Forums

Re: How come the US Virtual Open 2010 is in Oakmont instead of Pebble Beach?

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 23 2010 2:59 PM (25 replies)
  • tcmae
    32 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 8:15 AM
    This years US Virtual Open is in Oakmont CC, which is the site for this years US Womens Open. Why Oakmont instead of Pebble Beach? Last year the US Virtual Open was held in Bethpage Black, which was the site of the US Open. How come you didn't make it in the site of this years US Open, Pebble Beach? I was just wondering. It would be nice to see Oakmont in this game, but it would also be nice to see Pebble Beach in this game also.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 8:23 AM

tcmae:
    How come you didn't make it in the site of this years US Open, Pebble Beach?

The number of women watching this compared to the number that will watch the USWO is probably the reason. It would make sense to attract that audience and they will with the link to play here.

• WojciechMigda
    158 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 9:17 AM

Don't worry, Pebble Beach is in the making.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 9:23 AM

Wojciech, again, I wish you would state your source. As far as I know, Pebble Beach is not in the making, only a gallery (recreation) of famous shots from the past.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 9:34 AM

While Pebble Beach is a historic US course ... I've been playing Golf Games for 25 years and Pebble has been on every single one of them.    Personally I want to thank WGT for putting out Oakmont ... what a refreshing change ....

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 9:39 AM

But only WGT would put out Pebble Beach in full, glorious, realistic hi-def photography.  I'd hope the waves off #7 and #18 would be if full swell, white-capped, animated and crashing to shore.  Might want some Mr. Boo sound effects in that case, as well.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 10:06 AM

lvietri:

While Pebble Beach is a historic US course ... I've been playing Golf Games for 25 years and Pebble has been on every single one of them.    Personally I want to thank WGT for putting out Oakmont ... what a refreshing change ....

meh..I've been playing real golf for 40+ years, never even seen Pebble IRL, just on TV.  Been playing golf games for only 9 months on the computer and played Pebble just once on the other on-line site.  (which I did not enjoy)  Personally, I'm begging WGT to give us Pebble ASAP.

Hope that cancels out lvietri's vote!  (All said in good fun lvietri)

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 7:35 AM

as mentioned in another post, this is what #7 at pebble beach would look like. 

* EternalSpirit Created this image using photo software* 

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 9:20 AM

eternalspirit:
    * EternalSpirit Created this image using photo software* 
    ...And yet still didn't correct the mishit!  LOL! :)

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 9:31 AM

I maybe one of the few that would much rather play Oakmont on here than Pebble Beach. I have played it on many games but not Oakmont. And there are at least 5 or 6 courses that WGT can chose from each year. With the Senior open ,the ladies open, The us open, The Us amateur ,the jr amateur. So many choices so I'm sure not everyone will be pleased with the course they chose each year.

RSS