Forums

Help › Forums

Re: More Flash Player Frustration

Mon, Aug 13 2012 9:56 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • fishteacher
    4 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 1:26 PM

Okay, so my wife updated Adobe Flash Player to 11.3, and now things are all "mucked up".  I've tried uninstalling it, and installing 10.3, but it slows the game to a crawl and is really choppy.  11.3 either crashes every time on Firefox (which is what I use).  It worked "okay" for Chrome...only problem is that the swing meter timing is WAY OFF and is so inconsistent that balls are flying all over the place. 

Has anyone had success with Firefox?  I am just not going to play until I can get this fixed...I use Callaway balls at 350 for a sleeve of 3, and I've already shot 2 in the water in the last 3 rounds.  I've read a lot of complaints, but I'm really looking for someone to have a good solution to our problems. 

Thanks,

Fish

• peoch
    1,127 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 2:25 PM

fishteacher:

Okay, so my wife updated Adobe Flash Player to 11.3, and now things are all "mucked up".  I've tried uninstalling it, and installing 10.3, but it slows the game to a crawl and is really choppy.  11.3 either crashes every time on Firefox (which is what I use).  It worked "okay" for Chrome...only problem is that the swing meter timing is WAY OFF and is so inconsistent that balls are flying all over the place. 

Has anyone had success with Firefox?  I am just not going to play until I can get this fixed...I use Callaway balls at 350 for a sleeve of 3, and I've already shot 2 in the water in the last 3 rounds.  I've read a lot of complaints, but I'm really looking for someone to have a good solution to our problems. 

Thanks,

Fish

hi F i say go for the comodo dragon browser and reinstal the old version of adobe flash that one ho ends whit 268 not the 270 version, i did that to day smoth like silk

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 2:42 PM

peoch:
    i say go for the comodo dragon browser

And if you do, this is what you do. Get the browser, set the home page to the game client, disable automatic Flash updates and then drag the CD icon into your Quick Launch bar. This way, regardless of what you or the wife is doing, when you click that icon you go directly to the game. None of the other browser stuff shows up-quick launch bar, etc.-and you're ready to go. Then you won't have to worry about what is going on now, like since the update.

Incidentally, the update didn't cause this ruckus, the perfect storm of the update crashing (no pun intended) head on into a Flash update did. Turns out the Flash update is a bit of a mess and causing the game woes.

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 2:45 PM

fishteacher:

Thanks,

Fish

I use firefox 14 with flash player 10.3 and works smoothly, and I also got rid of of unnecessary startup icons on the tray that slows the system down when playing game. It runs very smooth. Just leave security software in system tray, and very important stuff on startup. The rest you can just open up manually with no problems.

Since, you say you went back to 10.3 and still have meter issues, it sounds like corrupt install to me. Make sure you turned off automatically update flash player.

I hate chrome, because adobe is built in to it. I rather install flash player myself so I could trouble shoot it easier.

• fishteacher
    4 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 4:20 PM

Thanks for all the replies and advice guys....I've never even heard of Komodo Dragon, so maybe something to check out.

• Tordman
    3 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2012 5:54 PM

Why should we even have to worry about this problem?

Shouldn't the game adapt to all flash players?  They don't seem to mind adapting to ways to take our money.

Flash has crashed so many times for me during money games that I have lost count.

It shouldn't be my job to fix the site as the flash version I have now works on every other site.

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 8:46 AM

fishteacher:

Thanks for all the replies and advice guys....I've never even heard of Komodo Dragon, so maybe something to check out.

It's Comodo, with a 'C'. Download it directly from Comodo here:

http://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/browser.php

Then lock in the browser start-up page to the WGT game client (http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx) - while in the dragon browser, click on the Dragon-eye icon in upper left corner of the browser page and choose Settings; then under 'On Startup' click the 'Open a specific...' button, 'click Set pages' and insert the WGT game url shown above, then click 'OK'

Finally, revert to a known stable version of Flash (for WGT anyway, lol) by unloading the current 11.3 version at the following link:

http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

I find just going back to 11.2 works, others recommend going all the way back to 10.3 - once you've got it done, ignore future pop-ups and prompts asking you to update Flash!
  • courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 9:48 AM

Tordman:

It shouldn't be my job to fix the site as the flash version I have now works on every other site.

You have a choice.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 11:59 AM

courteneyfish:
    You have a choice.
    True..as in all walks of life,but come on Courteney this goes above & beyond the call of duty..? Andy

• Vardon60
    29 Posts
    Tue, Aug 7 2012 2:44 PM

fishteacher:

Thanks,

Fish

Sounds like grounds for divorce to me! ;)
    Hope you resolve the problem w/ your flash player.

• PAGES
RSS