Forums

Help › Forums

Chat with MisterWGT 11/20 2PM PST - NEW PLATFORM!

Wed, Nov 14 2012 6:30 PM (58 replies)
  • WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 1:09 PM

Greetings Golfers!

It is my pleasure to be announcing that we have made a significant upgrade from the platform we use to deliver our bimonthly chat with the president of WGT: MisterWGT. We will now be using the services of Twitch.tv to stream a live broadcast of MisterWGT himself talking about all of the exciting news happening at WGT.

For months I have been working closely with Twitch.tv to deliver this high-quality platform to our community. After a bit of an introduction, I will go in to the nuances of using this feature.

First, I advise everyone to go check out www.twitch.tv to make your free account and get accustomed to the site. You will not be able to view the chat with MisterWGT if you do not have a Twitch.tv account. For first timers – this service is, essentially, a way for gamers of all types to live stream their computer game and show it to anyone on the internet. There are millions of gamers using this site and the games they play consist of anything from First-Person Shooters to Scrabble tournaments. I encourage all of you to explore the many facets of this website.

Getting Started:

“This sounds great! How do I create an account?”

Please visit www.twitch.tv and sign up for your free account.

“WGTpizza, do I really need to set up a Twitch.tv account?”

Yes. I suggest you make an account with the same user name you use on WGT. If you do not use a Twitch.tv account, you will not be able to view the Chat with MisterWGT.

Ok, I’m signed up, now where do I find the channel where the broadcast will take place?”

At the top of the twitch.tv page, next to your user name, you will see a search bar. Type: “chatwithmisterwgt” to find the channel that we will use to broadcast the chat.

“Why the change from IRC?”

We feel the community deserves a more comprehensive system in regards to delivering the vital information distributed through the chat with MisterWGT. This new service gives us the power and control to bring efficiency to the process, and is much more visually appealing as well as reliable.

"Why are there advertisements and can I turn them off?"

Yes, everyone will see intermittent advertisements, but no, there is no way to turn them off. Twitch.tv DOES offer a way for us to provide our chat commercial free, and we will explore that option if we feel it is prudent. Thanks for being patient and flexible as the chat will be intermittently and briefly interrupted :)

I am having problems with my twitch.tv account, or problems creating one”

Fear not! Twitch.tv has its own support department, found here: http://www.twitch.tv/p/help also, if you post your question here on the forums a friendly community member, or a WGT staff member, will do their best to help you.

Thanks for reading! We are very excited to be rolling this new platform out and we look forward to seeing you at the next Chat with MisterWGT!

P.S - You can also find my personal channel by searching: WGTpizza  :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 1:37 PM

-rsrvd- (4nothing)

can we still post q's here?

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 1:41 PM

gmaster007:

Of course, our operators are standing by! (me)   =P

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 1:41 PM

I watch professional gamers stream tournaments on Twitch.tv. I already have an account, so I'm ready to go. Good thing this chat is on my off day!

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 1:43 PM

Buggyyy:

I watch professional gamers stream tournaments on Twitch.tv. I already have an account, so I'm ready to go. Good thing this chat is on my off day!

You are the perfect candidate for this! I will be gathering feedback from our upcoming chat and I would love to hear it from all sides - people who are new to Twitch.tv and seasoned veterans alike.

Let us know how we do, see you there!

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 1:44 PM

WGTpizza:

gmaster007:

Of course, our operators are standing by! (me)   =P

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

kewl.

gonna bundle up a few suggestions,
    hopefully you can get him to comment on those

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 1:46 PM

gmaster007:
    gonna bundle up a few suggestions,
    hopefully you can get him to comment on those

This brings up a good point that I want to make clear:

THIS IS NOT A THREAD TO GATHER QUESTIONS FOR MISTERWGT

Some of you who have participated in the past chats know that we usually gather questions in a thread before the chat day and we select a few to field. We may still be doing this at a later time, but not in this thread. Keep this thread about Twitch.tv and the membership process :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 1:47 PM

this will give a more professional edge too :)

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 1:48 PM

thebigeasy707:

this will give a more professional edge too :)

Indeed, the community deserves to be brought into the 21st century, starting with this :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 2:42 PM

can it be recorded ??  for the ones that can't make it and posted on here, like a utube vid?

i kinda hate to make my caddy go to meeting's for me... he really gets tucker'd out chasing my shots around everyday... :)

peace ....  

RSS