Help › Forums

Re: 2012 WGT Rating/Scorecard

Mon, Dec 24 2012 2:34 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2012 8:43 AM

renniw52:
    Well, with the lack of participation, WGT can assume that all members, have rated every aspect of the game a 10.

Somehow I missed your original post, thanks for bumping it up....

Friendships made this year. 10+

Price of equipment/balls. 2

Consistency of game play. 4

WGT responsiveness to fixing meter woes by optimizing their code vs us optimizing our PCs: 0

WGT general responsiveness to player suggestions: 2

Quality of new releases: 3

WGT Answering player questions on forum: 3

Answering player questions in MisterWGT chats: 5

Introduction of new courses: 1

Working on improving uneven lies feature: 3

Working on improving percent completion number: 6

Working on reducing sandbagging: 6

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2012 9:33 AM

andyson:
    Somehow I missed your original post, thanks for bumping it up

Not listing every thing    ,, So over all  I give it 6.75 over last year of a 5.0

And a big 9.5  for the way the Community pulled together with the Gifting .

7 for not having to deal with a few unhapper players in the forums that have been blocked and removed

OPY   iaaRft

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2012 9:46 AM
    1. Friendships made this year    10            2: working on reducing sandbagging or the funny stuff going on   8             3;Answering questions  on the forum by all: 7                  4: Working on percent completion :   7                   5:Quality of work done by WGTicon and WGTpizza  9              6:Price of balls the good ones 4         7:My over all view of this game 10        8: my enjoyment   with this game 10       9:   my  complaining, whinning  1 LOL    Merry Christmas all.  Francois (Frapp)
  • DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2012 11:17 AM

Tournaments

Ready go list : 4

Other tournaments: 3

Community organised tournaments: 10

New products

Pro shop releases: 6

Courses: 5

Uneven lies: 7

Wgt staff

Icon: 8

Pizza: 7

Others

Being in ELCC: 10

ROW winning the wgt Ryder cup: 10

So as a whole i think improvement is needed in tournaments and would like to see the addition of a proper weekly tour with a world ranking list. Community tournaments have been great this year and it's what has kept my interest in the game.

The pro shop releases have been good but tend to be aimed more at middle tier players so i've not really bought much. Olympic is a great addition to the course line up but would of liked to see 1 more added even if it was from trugolf. I've enjoyed the uneven lies but they still need a bit more work on the uphill distances.

Icon & Pizza are helpful as always i've found, although Pizza does sometimes lose his cool :)

• PCFRASER
    111 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2012 11:50 AM

In my very humble opinion, having been around here for some time now I have no issues with any minor glitches that people have blown completely out of proportion over the last few years.

Overall for everything I will rate WGT with a 9.

Thank you to WGT and to all the people I have had the pleasure of shooting a round with. 'Happy Holiday's to all'

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2012 1:53 PM

Great replies so far, glad to see it kept in perspective. Not meant to be a butcher shop cutting up WGT. Just hoped to give the boys a few thoughts.

Merry Xmas All. Heading to my sons for a family get together. Will have all kids and all grand kids. What more can an old squirrel ask for.

Renni

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2012 2:14 PM

WGT isn't a game, it's a way of life.........don't let the negatives get in the way of the fact, that for most of us, this game takes up a disproportionate amount of our time. Deep down we all love it and it is only frustration that clouds the overall picture.....

Could it be improved? Most definitely yes. The one issue I do want to see an end to is the continual escalation in prices for equipment and balls. Seriously, they are getting ridiculous.

Still not enough to see me head to the clinic to get the WGT tattoo lasered off my @rse.

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2012 2:34 PM

I would only rate 2 things that stand out for me (in opposite directions).

Friendships - 10+  If it wasn't for other people here, that I've got to know and care for, this game would've lost a lot of its appeal to me.

Course choices - 2 (since we got 2 new ones in 2012, one of the being Whistler). I've been only playing close to 1 year and I sometimes get bored. I can only imagine what it must be like for veterans on this site.

• PAGES
RSS