Re: Getting Sent to American Century Tourney

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 19 2010 6:16 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SteveOx
    699 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 11:53 AM

WGT

Every time I go to look at something on here,  I'm getting sent to the American Century CTTH  tournament for some weird reason.  It tells me to continue to the tournament?

I have had to drop out of this tournament 5 times already, lol.  Take a look will you please.

Thank you Guys for  your time

Ox

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 10:41 AM

Hi Steve,

If you're still having that problem try starting any unlimited play stroke tournament.  Wait until you get to the first tee and then choose to END the game through the menu (do not save it).  That should fix it for you.

• SteveOx
    699 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 2:21 PM

No it didn't fix it.    I'm still getting a box that reads:   

Get Ready to Tee OFF!

World Golf Tour is played in a separate  window

click Continue to open the window and start  game

Continue-

This problem has been reocuring for the past week,   I haven't upgraded anything.

It is only poping up when i go to look at a profile or my own profile?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 2:25 PM

I haven't seen that error myself.  Can you show me a screenshot so I can see what you are referring to and when you are seeing it?

There's a tutorial for posting screenshots (and scorecards) HERE if you're not sure how to do it.

• WGTCinder
    7 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 7:29 PM

Hi SteveOx,

If you are seeing that prompt every time you visit a players profile page -- it sounds like there is a site cookie that is not being recorded by your machine.  That prompt should only be shown the first time you visit your profile page at which time a cookie is written indicating not to show the dialog again. 

It sounds like a bug if it is appearing when you visit other players profile pages -- but once the cookie is written it should stop appearing.  Is it possible that you are selectively blocking WGT cookies or clearing your cookies every time you restart your browser?

-WGTCinder

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 7:47 PM

WGTcinder?  Welcome. I look forward to your help with this BETA game along with your fellow employees. WGT is going to show the folks how to get things done proper.  : )

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2010 5:32 AM

Hey Richard, Cinder has been around a while but doesn't pop into the forums very much ;^)

@Cinder... just an FYI... I too get the pop up window on occasion (just lately) it happens when I click on a direct link to a profile from the CC membership request e-mails (no other WGT windows open).  I tend to just click it then close the window it spawns, and I have not had any issues getting stuck into a tournament.

• SteveOx
    699 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2010 7:52 AM

Cinder,

I do clean my cookies off my machine everyday, so maybe that is the problem.

It happened only twice yesterday and none so far today, so maybe it will work itself out.

Thanks all of you for your help with this,  if It happens more frequently again I will try to copy and post it here so you can see the message box your self.

Ox

• SteveOx
    699 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 8:50 AM

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/open/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/WGT%20error.bmp

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 9:45 AM

SteveOx:

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/open/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/WGT%20error.bmp

Hey Steve,

You can't reference a file directly from your hard drive when you are posting a picture on here.  Follow the steps found in this thread.

• PAGES
RSS