Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New courses? Tournaments Ideas

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 8 2015 3:04 PM (9 replies)
  • RP560
    2 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 12:25 PM

When and or if, are the new courses coming online.  I am getting tired of playing the same courses over and over................  I really like this game and have spend cash to upgrade, now I want the game to upgrade.

Tournaments, I would like to see tournaments that only allow you to enter a certain amount of times and if you are having a bad game and you quit there is a penalty or every time you enter the tournament you have to finish that round before you can start the next try at the tournament.  I would like to see a real tournament where you get 1 entrance only too. 

Not really a beef but some things to make this game better IMHO

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 12:37 PM

HI RP,

We just added 36 new holes in the last 2 months.  St. Andrews and Oakmont.  Due to the way this game was created it takes about 6 months to photograph and render a course to make it playable.  We're always working on new courses and our partnership with the USGA and the R&A will mean more Championship courses down the road as well.

The majority of our stroke play tournaments are single play tournaments. Those are limited to just one round and if you withdraw you are disqualified.

• thatcanadianguy
    557 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 7:25 PM

Any chance of getting TPC Sawgrass.

Just asking

tcg

• RP560
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 1:01 AM

Thanks for the reply.  I am newer to the game so I have not seen the addition of the 2 you stated because they where up when I joined. 

When are the next courses expected to be released?

Thanks

• corace
    276 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 5:06 AM

I know I'm not an expert at any of these course yet, every time I play I get new shot to shoot. When I start hitting every drive down the fairway and hit every approach shot in close birdie or eagle range and make every putt, thats when I'll get bored and say we need new courses. I'm a member at a private course in MO, and I don't shoot the same score on that course every time I play, everyday is a new challenge. I would bet that everyone has a course that is close to home or where they have played, that they would like to see on WGT.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 11:00 AM

RP560:
    When are the next courses expected to be released?

Unknown at this time.  Since we just released those 2 we're getting our ducks in a row for the next courses.  It will be a little while before the next one.

tcg,

They have not expressed interest yet nor has there been any discussion as far as I know, but I'm also not privy to all future course information.

• ClericTaven
    59 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 12:15 PM

I would be intrested in seeing the Edgewood Tahoe course available for full Stroke play.  Any confirmation of so in the near future?

Update: I found a previous answer

WGTniv:
    The Edgewood Course was shot for the CTTH game made only.  It's not known at this time whether we will return to finish full tee-to-green play since we are regularly pursuing new courses at this time.

One more related question - other than selecting Practice and changing the "flag" location difficulty, are they moved around on the Greens periodically?

(I haven't seen changes between the CTTH nor Ranked play courses, but also curious if WGT considers them becoming stale after a week or two.

~ Andrew

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 12:29 PM

Right now we only offer secondary hole locations on Bethpage.  A second set of hole locations for St. Andrews is nearly ready to launch and more Kiawah pins are also on our roadmap.  

Pins for CTTH do not change.  I believe only one location was shot for CTTH only courses, but currently only 1 set of pins is used on the BP CTTH.  Since BPB (and soon the other two courses) support a second set for stroke play that may change down the road.

You can also check out this thread for a little info about how the pins are setup and why it takes some time to create new locations.

• Rupir
    9 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2010 3:32 PM

And the option to play foursomes or fourballs?

• AndreasHelke
    676 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2015 3:04 PM

I would like tournaments where you can enter 2 or 3 times and get your best round count as result.

I don´t like to play my single play round tournament  when I am not sure if I can get a good result at that particular time. So I often miss the end date in a single play country club tournament or have to play with poor performance short before the time runs out.

RSS