Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Golf ticker Ad Bar

Fri, Apr 3 2015 1:58 PM (74 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 9:16 AM

Well I have Comodo Dragon, and adblock plus. When I right click on the bar I don't get the option to block it

I did make sure the add block was on

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 9:32 AM

Woodoworkery:

Well I have Comodo Dragon, and adblock plus. When I right click on the bar I don't get the option to block it

I did make sure the add block was on

Left click on adblock icon. Then hit easy create filter. Then right click on whatever you want to disappear. Then a box will pop up and ask if want to block.

Quick.... it gone.  ;)

• rata78
    578 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 10:12 AM

hi friends

Oldbayrunner:

Is anyone else getting that Damned annoying Golf Ticker Ad Bar at the top of the screen now?  It seems to be scripted in now based on looking at the page elements.

I was able to get rid of it in Chrome but I play in Maxthon Cloud and dont seem to be able to block it in it. Anyone got any suggestions for Maxthon? Adhunter isn't blocking it.

WGT Get rid of this annoyance!!!!!!!!!!

google traslator  :)

hi friends

download and install this extension to maxton:

http://extension.maxthon.com/detail/index.php?view_id=1426

next step:

reload your page on wgt and click SHIFT + ALT + A

put the mouse arrow on the news bar and click

goodbye news bar !!!

:) gl

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 10:20 AM

Thanks Gerald, worked

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 10:42 AM

Woodoworkery:

You don't get the option, you have to go down to the bottom of the menu and select Adblock. Does what Gerald already hooked you up with.  ;-)

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 12:38 PM

rata78:

google traslator  :)

hi friends

download and install this extension to maxton:

http://extension.maxthon.com/detail/index.php?view_id=1426

next step:

reload your page on wgt and click SHIFT + ALT + A

put the mouse arrow on the news bar and click

goodbye news bar !!!

:) gl

Woo Hoo....Big Thank You for that one... Had to do a little playing with it but got it to DISAPPEAR that annoyance.

• HUMORMAN
    165 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 2:01 PM

I do not care to have on top of my wgt page the Golf ticker Ad Bar,If I want to know whats going on I go to the website,I use Mozilla Firefox which works just fine for me with game play,unlike some other users of it,I'm looking at how to get rid of it without adding more things to block this,I know there is a way,I just need to find it,I will also get in touch with WGT about a option for having or removing the ticker,I understand reasons why they have it cause of the running and group of website,it's not that i hate it,I just don't need it.

• bajakma
    29 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 2:27 PM

thank you for the help worked well.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 2:35 PM

WGT OFFICE'S

"what shal we do today? Fix the bugs"  "no that would be hard work, lets stick a photo of a camera for them instead that will get them exited and just in case that dumbass woodsbones forgets how to change the reverse view we'll give him a big camera to make sure he remembers."  "look Chad do you like our new camera??"   "EXCELLENT BOYS, Here, take the golf channel advertisement $$ and go buy us all a few drinks to celebrate and we can BRAINSTORM next months genius idea"

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 3:42 PM

I understand that players didn't ask for the ticker so some are ticked off but the thing doesn't do anything or interfere in any way with looking at the site. I don't even understand what it's ticking. As long as it's not in the game client, no biggie to me. I see it as proof the Golf Channel has invested some money in the site.

RSS