Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Upgraded clubs

Sun, Dec 29 2013 12:55 AM (6 replies)
  • loveclose
    269 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2013 3:43 PM

One happy chappy!!!

Been playing with the starter editions for ever since I joined.

Took the plunge and figured I have to buy some credits to stand any chance of competing with others and getting more out of the game.

Credits bought, I blew them on a set of Taylor Made R11s

What a difference!!

Under par on St Andrews!

-2 on the front nine at Bethpage Black.  I've never been close to breaking par ever on BB.  The upgrades made some holes so much more playable.  Always struggled on the 2nd before the upgrade - now it plays like a standard par 4.

So pleased to have made the upgrade - wish I'd done it earlier.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2013 4:00 PM

On your next upgrade , get rid of the hybrid , and get 3 wedges . You will have some levels to go , before you can get some decent wedges though . But once yo hit over level 40 , take a look at the Ping wedges . They play very well , wont cost you an arm and leg either . Also consider a better ball as well . The WGT balls will do for now . But as you move back on the tees , the greens will get faster , with every tier up . So you will need a ball , that can hold the greens . When you pick your wedges , start with your pw , and work backward . Space your wedges 15-20 yards apart . Also when picking clubs , try to keep the same meter speed , as much as possible . Hope this helps ,and good luck with your game . Happy Swinging :-)

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Dec 4 2013 7:53 PM

loveclose:

One happy chappy!!!

Keep an eye out for the 12 days of Christmas starting on the 13th ... you could be lucky enough to get a gift from a secret Santa.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Dec 28 2013 3:30 PM

ZioMio:

loveclose:

One happy chappy!!!

Keep an eye out for the 12 days of Christmas starting on the 13th ... you could be lucky enough to get a gift from a secret Santa.

I see Santa was very nice to you ... good to see that you got new clubs.

• loveclose
    269 Posts
    Sat, Dec 28 2013 6:02 PM

ZioMio:

ZioMio:

loveclose:

One happy chappy!!!

I see Santa was very nice to you ... good to see that you got new clubs.

Ermmm, Santa has been very very nice to me this Xmas!!!!!  As I've said somewhere else, I've been on many many forums concerning all sorts of topics, hobbies and so on.  Giveaways like those I've received over the last week or so just don't happen many places else that I've been involved with.  Truly unique, and the feel good factor is sky high atm.....!!

Friendship request comin your way......

• loveclose
    269 Posts
    Sat, Dec 28 2013 6:04 PM

lonniescott711:

On your next upgrade , get rid of the hybrid , and get 3 wedges . You will have some levels to go , before you can get some decent wedges though . But once yo hit over level 40 , take a look at the Ping wedges . They play very well , wont cost you an arm and leg either . Also consider a better ball as well . The WGT balls will do for now . But as you move back on the tees , the greens will get faster , with every tier up . So you will need a ball , that can hold the greens . When you pick your wedges , start with your pw , and work backward . Space your wedges 15-20 yards apart . Also when picking clubs , try to keep the same meter speed , as much as possible . Hope this helps ,and good luck with your game . Happy Swinging :-)

Thank you so much for your post.

Santa has also read your post and seen fit to provide a full upgrade including the Ping wedges you mentioned!!

Shall be happy swinging for sure.....!!

Friendship request comin your way.....

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 12:55 AM

Now try a low-cost custom ball - you'll never look back!

RSS