Forums

Help › Forums

Re: You know that post I wrote...

Thu, Feb 27 2014 3:30 PM (76 replies)
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 10:10 PM

I enjoy all of the sweetmiffy entries on the forums.  Somehow I missed this one.

It doesn't matter the original posters intentions.  What does matter is the overall content and the flavor of the responses.  

This forum (19th hole) I think may have been created to be used by the WGT family to discuss things at random, but those discussions must abide by the Terms and Conditions.  If not within the established guide lines it is WGT's resposibility to end it.

It is their web site with published rules to monitor what the subject is and what those who respond have to say.  With all of this I can understand why it would have been locked (my favored method) or deleted entirely.

I do not always think WGT response the way I think they should, but I do think they are exercising their right to do so correctly.

I understand you are "Miffed" about what took place.  Perhaps rightly so, but your friends and others (not on friends list but follow your entries) Have been supportive of your position and would greatly regret your not continuing at WGT.  That alone should be reason enough to stay.  You are wanted.  My Nickle.

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 4:27 AM

sweetmiffy:

My FULL transaction history:

02/06/14    Purchase 5000 credits     Deposit     5,000 Cr
    01.17.14     Purchase 2000 credits     Deposit     2,000 Cr
    11.28.13     Purchase 3000 credits     Deposit     3,000 Cr
    11.23.13     Purchase 500 credits     Deposit     500 Cr
    11/10/13    Purchase 500 credits     Deposit     500 Cr
    10.26.13     Purchase 500 credits     Deposit     500 Cr
    10/12/13    Purchase 1000 credits     Deposit     1,000 Cr
    08/08/13    Purchase 1000 credits     Deposit     1,000 Cr
    04.23.13     Purchase 5000 credits     Deposit     5,000 Cr
    04.14.13     Purchase 2000 credits     Deposit     2,000 Cr

Sounds like a relative to esssy... :)

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 9:26 AM

Buggyyy:

sweetmiffy:

My FULL transaction history:

02/06/14    Purchase 5000 credits     Deposit     5,000 Cr
    01.17.14     Purchase 2000 credits     Deposit     2,000 Cr
    11.28.13     Purchase 3000 credits     Deposit     3,000 Cr
    11.23.13     Purchase 500 credits     Deposit     500 Cr
    11/10/13    Purchase 500 credits     Deposit     500 Cr
    10.26.13     Purchase 500 credits     Deposit     500 Cr
    10/12/13    Purchase 1000 credits     Deposit     1,000 Cr
    08/08/13    Purchase 1000 credits     Deposit     1,000 Cr
    04.23.13     Purchase 5000 credits     Deposit     5,000 Cr
    04.14.13     Purchase 2000 credits     Deposit     2,000 Cr

Sounds like a relative to esssy... :)

And just what is that supposed to mean?

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 10:43 AM

Stay Miffy:)

Please understand that in the US the gun law debate is extremely emotive.  Outside of the US by way way of example:

A client was over here (Australia).  He just wanted a beer a beer in an Aussie pub, not some evening out in some flash poncy city bar.  I said fine come to a place I sometimes go and meet a few people I know.  Now easy going place and just beer time, no ceremony.  Conversation varied, and went down hill as the beer flowed as it does and all in the best possible taste as they say lol.  Said American was talking about his gun collection and fair enough.  Cut a long one short one of the people I know (not one I know real well) did ask (surprised me he never knew) so in America you can carry guns around legally? Yep the answer to which Stanley replied, "that's completely effed man".  Think he also said so you accept it's not OK to let a cigarette lighter on a plane, but feel comfortable shopping if that person is walking round with a pistol.  All fine and the banter continued and we explained (if you knew Stan would get it) that's accepted there etc. and the conversation was soon back on important stuff like which beer was good (like any one could still tell lol), and football - here that's aussie rules or rugby league btw.

Point is outside of the US there are societies which do not have anything approaching liberal gun laws, and absolutely do not want it as their gun crime is low and that's the way they want it to stay.  Police in UK do not have guns etc......Now the opposing view, to the extent it exists in the US, strongly feels they are safer with guns.

All I am saying is that it gets very emotive on those rights in the US - very very emotive.  Some people in some places that do not have liberal gun laws do not understand any society that would want them.  Some that do have them do not understand why you would not..........

Now don't take this the wrong way but where you are can get left off the radar in all that.  I think that was the case in the last thread, although as I remember I did say when when I was going off.  

As I said then for where you are I am sure your father is best placed to advise you:)

Stay Miffy.  If that forum thread being deleted is the worst that happens all year not that bad a thing? I would take it.......FWIW I don't agree that it should have been deleted either, but can see why it was.  Perhaps some one felt an easier day at the office was going to be had without having to constantly monitor it? Who really knows this end, but every one supports YOU as a person, and wishes you well:) 

• GypsyGreen
    520 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 10:51 AM

sweetmiffy:

As long as I obey the nonsensical rules? Sorry.

Whilst I applaud your frivolity I cannot and shall not applaud the underlying sentiment.

PLEASE ban my a$ WGT. Please. Because at least then you will be showing some consistency.

Oh. By the way. Did anyone notice how I spelled "consistency" correctly?

Again. Just. Sigh.

Or, as we say here in South Africa, "Fok julle naaiers."

Hi Miffy,.. let me start by saying ,.. I was born and raised in South-Africa under the old flag we once had,.. I grew up in Johannesburg of all places and at the age of 12-13 i was world wise and aware of my surroundings. I was fortunate to have a Dutch father & therefore a Dutch passport so i left S.A. at 16years old ,... only been back once sinds 1991 ... i still miss the country!! But as for your 1st thread which i read from start to finish,..  i say this... let there be no misunderstanding,.. S. Africa is truly extremely dangerous and any advantage you can give yourself is simply a no brainer! And after living in europe for all these years i realised that it`s impossible to explain just how dangerous it really is,.. it needs to be experienced aswell!

And as you rightly said.. "Fok jullie naaiers" ... sorted and clearly expressed... job done!

But dont quite the game you enjoy over this ,.. we rockspiders are tougher than that... right?

damn straight n fok em up!

cheers Miffy!   from GypsyG.

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 11:32 AM

bigdaddie1:

sweetmiffy:

Oh.

I need ONE good reason to stay here and play with the amazing people I've met.

Seriously, just one.

Anyone?

Because we ALL love you Miffy

What he said.  ;)

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 11:38 AM

Jimbog1964:
    so in America you can carry guns around legally? Yep the answer to which Stanley replied, "that's completely effed man".

'Murica!

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 1:13 PM

<bigsnip>

RSS