Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Ball choice

Sat, Jul 26 2014 9:06 PM (27 replies)
  • MRdesign
    4 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 3:04 PM

Situation:

I play with my last ball of a sleeve of balls and this ball is allmost out of life. So during the 2nd hole the ball is dead. 

In my equipmentbag are several type of balls but not the ones I am using in this particular game.

Current WGT Action:

Provide player with standard balls.

Wanted WGT Action:

Provide player with a choice of what balls to use before playing further.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 3:30 PM

Current Action: Sign says "this is your last ball of this type, do want to buy another sleeve YES____NO?

Solution: Click YES....

Reason: This site is affiliated with USGA, Golf Channel, and some of the Finest courses in the country...if you accidentally put another type of ball in play in a sanctioned event you are DQ'ed....if you intentionally did it although hard to prove, you would be DQ'ed, fined, most likely suspended, and publicly humiliated by the media....so no can do. LOL

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 3:43 PM

MRdesign:
    In my equipmentbag are several type of balls

NOT - they are in your garage / inventory, unavailable...

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 3:51 PM

MRdesign:

Situation:

I play with my last ball of a sleeve of balls and this ball is allmost out of life. So during the 2nd hole the ball is dead. 

In my equipmentbag are several type of balls but not the ones I am using in this particular game.

Current WGT Action:

Provide player with standard balls.

Wanted WGT Action:

Provide player with a choice of what balls to use before playing further.

I think every player who has played this game has had this same question.  And as FatDan mentioned, if you run out of the ball you started the round with, you can either forfeit the game or play the starter ball.

What would be nice is if on a "Practice" round, you were able to change balls.

For example ... you're going to play a CC tournament on Pinehurst soon ... so you setup a practice round.  If you could check how other balls play in the practice round, you wouldn't have to quit the practice game ... load the other set of golf balls ... start a new game and try to get to that same location to see how the other ball reacts to the same shot.  Just have an option to "try a different ball" which automatically turns on the mulligan option, then take the mulligan with a new ball.

What do you think everyone?  Not a bad idea, huh!

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 12:00 AM

DaddysKat:

What would be nice is if on a "Practice" round, you were able to change balls.

What do you think everyone?  Not a bad idea, huh!

Yes. Interesting idea.

Right now I can't think of a reason why this wouldn't be a great option for a practice round.

It would be 'win / win ' as it would be good for WGT, I think.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 1:05 AM

So they should invest to extend their program so that we can more effectively use up the balls. Wouldn't that mean less ball sales, less revenue?

Where is the "win" on their side to motivate them?

• MRdesign
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 1:33 AM

I don't want to click on YES because I have other non-standard balls available to me. 700 credits for a sleeve of balls just to complete the entered game can not be the answer to this problem. 

You explanation that WGT is affiliated with USGA etcetera is not correct. According to you if a player uses a different kind of ball in play he or she will be disqualified. How is it then that WGT provides the player with the standard ball? In your reasoning i had to be disqualified. 

That leads me to the deeper question to this problem. If WGT upgrades their game and provides us with this disqualification option then we need to see how much life there is left (number of shots left) in a non-standard ball before we enter a competition. A good and simpel fix would be to compare the numbers of shots left in the ball and the number of shots needed to complete the entered course at even par.  

Conclusion:

If WGT continues to provide us with the most realistic golf game ever then there should be a simple fix to this. Or the player buys new balls of the same kind or he is disqualified and can not complete the game. 

Providing the player with the standard balls is wrong in my opinion.

• MRdesign
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 1:37 AM

You are right. I called it my equipmentbag but that was wrong. 

However....the non-standard balls are unavailable to me but WGT provides me, after the ball died, with the unavailable standard ball...... So where is the logic in that?

• MRdesign
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 1:46 AM

First of all... the win is that the program itself gets better. That should be a personal drive for the developers of the game. 

Second of all.... We all know that WGT has glitches in programstability. There are days that I play like a real golf pro and there are days that I look like a hack. So your comment on the effectively usage of balls is in my opinion a very low factor to take in to consideration for the ball sales. Balls cost to much and do not have a long enough life expectance in my opinion. 

Third of all... I don't agree also with the poster to use non-standard balls in practice games and not having the life-expectance of those non-standard balls degraded during practise. In real life those balls are degrading as well. I do agree that there should be additions to the game to practice the difficult things more. Maybe this could be a sort of examination to get to the next tierlevel.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 10:28 AM

MRdesign:

You explanation that WGT is affiliated with USGA etcetera is not correct. According to you if a player uses a different kind of ball in play he or she will be disqualified. How is it then that WGT provides the player with the standard ball? In your reasoning i had to be disqualified.

The option to withdraw is in the game menu....

That leads me to the deeper question to this problem. If WGT upgrades their game and provides us with this disqualification option then we need to see how much life there is left (number of shots left) in a non-standard ball before we enter a competition. A good and simpel fix would be to compare the numbers of shots left in the ball and the number of shots needed to complete the entered course at even par.  

C'mon, it plainly shows you how much ball is left on the game page, if you lost the ball on the second hole it was more than obvious it wouldn't make it...

I was just answering the question as I have seen it explained, I wish you could put any ball in play buuuuttttt then people would be switching balls on different shot situations and really mess with multiplayer games would be my guess.

RSS