Mon, Aug 24 2009 7:56 PM (6 replies)
  • Chevron
    16 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2009 1:54 PM

How are tournament cup awards awarded?

i know the official reasoning is

Tournament Standing

Will vary depending on tournament and finish position

because of depending on how many enter and the likes.

but is there a way we can find out why or how we got certain awards? i had entereed nearest the hole competitions and for week 22 and have gotten 2 awards/cups for 2 of the courses. im happy i got them but i like to know WHY or HOW or what i done right to get them.

If i know what i done right then i will know what to do again but better :)

i know it was a sweepstake for the main prizes but how are the tin/bronze/Silver/diamond Skill Challenge Cup won??

• bowl818
    12 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 9:05 PM

Hi Chevron!  I was curious about the same question so I did some research.  When I compared your awards to your score history, the following matched up:

Bronze skill challenge cup for Bali Hai

2 Silver skill challenge cups for Wk 22 Kiawah and Wolf Creek

Data from your score history:

05.28.09 Wk 22 Bali Hai Closest-to-the-Hole Sweeps Amateur 502.06

05.28.09 Wk 22 Kiawah Closest-to-the-Hole Sweeps Amateur 342.89

05.28.09 Wk 22 Wolf Creek Closest-to-the-Hole Sweeps Amateur 459.37

I don't have the exact information, but I'll make an estimated guess.  The Closest to the Hole Skill Challenge cups are awarded as follows:

Bronze = scores just over 500

Silver = scores between 250 - 499?

Gold = scores between 150 - 249?

Platinum = scores between 100 -149

Crystal = scores between 50-100? 

Diamond = scores under 50?

Hopefully this information is what you were after.  I believe the torunament cups are for placing in the different events.  I'm kinda new here so this info is vague.   Maybe someone else can shed more light.

Until then - GL on the golf course!

Bowl818 

• Chevron
    16 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 1:35 AM

thanks bowl,

thats a very good theory, i will use that a guideline,

Cheers

Danny

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2009 1:05 PM

do u think it may go by order of finish? For example, maybe the winner of the tourney gets a diamond trophy even if his score is above 50

• prolawncare
    1 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2009 9:37 PM

I was wondering the same thing as to how it works, but i have been well under 500 on almost all of my closest to the hole tournaments but have one or two tropheys.... Some more light on issue would be AWESOME!!

• DNCGolfer
    3 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 7:40 PM

Bowl818:  I looked at my own trophies.  I think you're correct for diamond, crystal, platinum and gold Skill Challenge Cup awards.

• DNCGolfer
    3 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 7:56 PM

Chevron:  I checked my own trophies.  There are, so far, two different awards--the Tournament Cup awards--about which you inquired--and the Skill Challenge Cup awards.  I agree with Bowl818's summary of the second group--see my earlier post.

But I don't have enough of the Tournament Cup awards to be similarly confident about a summary for this group.  But, the full list of awards are probably--in order--diamond, crystal, platinum, gold, silver, bronze and tin.  I have a Gold award for a 19th place finish, a bronze award for a 68th place finish, and tin awards for both 159th and 231st place finishes.  So, maybe the Tournament Cups are awarded something like: diamond for 1-5, crystal for 6-10, platinum for 11-15, gold for 16-20, silver for 21-50, bronze for 51-100, silver for 101-150, and tin for 151+.

RSS