Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I want some free clubs.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 3 2011 2:11 PM (32 replies)
  • Adaman
    9 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 10:47 PM

How am I suppose to qualify at Bethpage when my driver can't even reach some of the fairways? :( - Gimme a nice set of clubs so I can have a shot at competing...pretty please?

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2009 9:35 AM

Tell you what Adaman......

I'll buy you a full set of the Taylor mades, it'll cost me about $20.  But if after receiving said clubs you still do not make the Open you pay me $100.  Deal???

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2009 9:46 AM

Wow, this gets interesting... though I'm not sure WGT will let you buy clubs for another player:(

• spinwizard
    5 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2009 7:00 PM

I think Adaman's point is that WGT is in in for the money, and I'm disapointed that the USGA would associate itself with such an outfit. The USGA is all about fair play, and the WGT is about greed!

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 6:57 AM

Hey spinwizard

How do you think WGT stays in business?  Did you think this site designed itself?  Maybe all of the work flying helicopters around the courses and taking pictures was donated.  Maybe their staff work on a volunteer basis.

I guess EA Sports is all about greed too.  I mean where do they get off charging $60 for their newest releases?  For that matter, where does any for profit business get off charging for services?  It should all be free. 

Get a clue....If WGT offers everything for free there will be no WGT.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 7:10 AM

Why don't you take a look at this link from the USGA membership plan page, which includes membership fees from $15 all the way up to $2300.  The USGA may be about fair play, but it's also about profit.  Just because WGT charges a few dollars for clubs and tournaments doesn't make it the Evil Corporate Empire you'd think it was by some of the comments above.  Like Thetruth67 said, this is a business and they have to make money somehow.  At least they've provided a game platform that doesn't require you to buy anything to play.  Sure, if you want to be super competitive you'll have to shell out a few dollars, but tell me in what game/sport that isn't the case?

Think about it.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 1:49 PM

TheTruth .. and tibbets...  Well said and I couldn't agree more.

The OP said he couldn't reach the fairways with his clubs,  so therefore he can't be competitive.

Bethpage plays so long and tough, some of the best players in the world won't reach/stay in the fairways.  Does that make them any less competitive?

Just a thought.

• spinwizard
    5 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 3:17 PM

And the only pepole who have the slightest chance to get to Pebble Beach, are those who are willing to cough up big bucks to WGT for a game. I just don't think the USGA made a good choice in aligning or associating themselves with this "game". Did you notice how far you had to go to find out how much it cost for club points? After 5 pages and a request of my credit card info, I decided to bug out. Thanks Thetruth67 for letting me know how much they accually do cost. No problem, you guys can go ahead and piss your money away, on this "free" contest, if you want. I'll put mine into what the USGA is supposed to be about, golf. As a member, they will let me know who bought their way to the beach, with an unrealistic "60" at the Black. I guess I'll just watch it from the comfort of my living room.

• backspin63
    67 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 5:29 PM

Spinwizzard:

the comfort of your living room.. or your parents living room! $17.00 is not much to complain about un less you snuck into your parents bedroom and used thier credit card!OR.. you did'nt ask your wife for permission to use YOUR card and she is not a happy camper now! grow up dude , if you dont like the site "LEAVE" . I wish all of the whiners would just stop playing. It cost money to run these type's of sites kid.

• spinwizard
    5 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 10:59 PM

That's absolutly right, a penny per credit is not too much to ask, but did they have to wait till they allready had your card to tell you that? I looked all over the site to find out how much the credits were, and only found out through Thetruth67's reply. I even bought some, thank you. Didn't even have to use my mommies card either. 

I'm sure WGT is doing just fine with the AmEx ads and their other sponsors. Adaman is right about one thing thou, you have no chace to compete with a 225 yd driver, so the contest isn't free.

Skipman20 is now the leader in this with a "60" average.  Good for him. How many sub 60 rounds do you have? I was just happy to have a sub 90 round. Even with my R9 (240 yds) and my Burner iorns. And even Tiger himself won't shoot a 60 at the Black, even on his best day, let alone average it.

Also remember, it's a computer game. so there is a program that was written. Anything man can make, man can break, or hack. ANYTHING!

RSS