Forums

Help › Forums

Re: How to send pictures private messages

Wed, Nov 28 2018 1:09 AM (20 replies)
  • KMS63
    20 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 8:03 AM

How do I send a picture by private messaging a friend on wgt? I have tried to paste, and that doesnt work, and there isn't a button to upload one either.

• ScottHope
    10,324 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2015 1:14 AM
    Try using the 'Insert Media' button  and the picture URL
  • ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2015 8:35 AM

KMS63:
    How do I send a picture by private messaging a friend on wgt

You first need to upload it to a hosting site, like Photobucket. Then insert like Scott's post. We can not post pictures straight from our computers.

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2015 8:58 AM

Do yourself a favor and get Postimage. The easiest tool to copy pictures and scorecards ever. No need to upload anything to another site. Our entire CC uses it, so easy.

Postimage.org

Here is an easy tutorial one of our members made on Youtube.

• ScottHope
    10,324 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2015 9:15 AM
    OP already has a Photobucket account I believe, so perhaps this will help. CLICK.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2015 9:20 AM

ScottHope:

OP already has a Photobucket account I believe, so perhaps this will help. CLICK.

I used to have an account at ImageShack until they jacked the rate up and I went looking. I found what Samantha referenced and was sorry I ever hooked up with IS. Unless you want the extras, whatever they are, Postimage does the job fast and free.  :-)

• ScottHope
    10,324 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2015 9:32 AM
    Having watched the videos Sam linked to a few times, it looks a very efficient way of doing piccys, but I'm not too bothered about posting stuff in 0.3 of a second. I'm more of a quality man!  Hehe.  : )
  • KMS63
    20 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2015 2:32 PM

Thank you for posting, but I do not want to link a webpage to the message, nor download a photo app, just to forward a picture. I have checked all the buttons in the private message, and there is no "attach" button, just like above options! Grrrr!!!

• ScottHope
    10,324 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2015 3:59 PM
    You don't see this  icon above the message box?  It is used to insert (attach) an image to your message.

Look, here's a picture of yourself I added to my post using that icon.   

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2015 4:28 PM

KMS63:

Thank you for posting, but I do not want to link a webpage to the message, nor download a photo app, just to forward a picture. I have checked all the buttons in the private message, and there is no "attach" button, just like above options! Grrrr!!!

The only way you can exchange actual pictures like you're trying to do is with an address, or URL. You have to put the picture someplace that gives you an address so you can copy that address into the box that pops up when you click that piece of film Scott pointed out. 

@Scott-Didn't you do one of your snazzy help vids for that?

RSS