Forums

Help › Forums

Re: HELP! Unwanted Countryclub invite

Tue, Jul 21 2015 9:20 AM (112 replies)
  • ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2015 9:31 AM

kinkyafrosixty:

I did not claim it's WGT's fault that I invite people... just that it is a WGT issue that people cannot decline, I still have our correspondence if you wish to review it Argyle!

"...recipient can either accept or decline, sadly this is currently not working properly as I found out the other day..."

And yet you continued to send out Invites, your fault.

• oldbones29
    2,035 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2015 9:55 AM

Would be great if all those invited, accepted, then 10 minutes later quit the club..LOL

• kinkyafrosixty
    137 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2015 11:39 AM

How do you know that no one can decline them? they might be just thinking about joining, or not been online for days!

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2015 4:36 PM

kinkyafrosixty:

How do you know that no one can decline them? they might be just thinking about joining, or not been online for days!

While it's not true that no one can decline, it's a pretty widespread issue that players are having issues when declining. Luckily there are workarounds like accepting the invitation and then quitting the club. 

_CHAMPION

• kinkyafrosixty
    137 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2015 5:07 PM

Is it not a better solution to just ask the inviter to remove the invite... always works when people ask me!

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2015 5:10 PM

kinkyafrosixty:

Is it not a better solution to just ask the inviter to remove the invite... always works when people ask me!

If the inviter sends the invite and then doesn't log in for some time or doesn't check their messages often, then players need another work around. 

But in most cases, Yes, the player doing the inviting will rescind their invite on request. 

_CHAMPION

• kinkyafrosixty
    137 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2015 5:27 PM

Seems the most sensible first option :)

• Timachro
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2015 5:10 AM

Every time i decline the invite, i get kicked out of WGT also.

• EasyEdward
    13,507 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2015 8:15 AM

WGTChampion:

While it's not true that no one can decline, it's a pretty widespread issue that players are having issues when declining. Luckily there are workarounds like accepting the invitation and then quitting the club. 

_CHAMPION

That "work around" while technically feasible can create some real problems. 

For example: What does an CC owner do? Close their CC down just to get rid of an unwanted invite and then restart their CC from scratch again?  or transfer ownership to another member so they can leave and then come back and then have ownership sent back to them.

All that because somehow a glitch got introduced so invites cannot be declined.

On top of finding and fixing the glitch that has created this problem; I have an additional proposal for WGT's consideration.  Only allow a CC to have outstanding invites equal to or less than the CC's maximum capacity.  In the case above, instead of WGT allowing 415 outstanding invites for less than 30 remaining spaces that would eliminate almost 390 invites to members of other CCs that cannot decline the invite.

• AMorrison74
    2,076 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2015 9:54 AM

WGTChampion:

_CHAMPION

So what you are basically saying is that I have to quit the club I am happy in, then accept an invite to join a club that I do not want to be in.  Then quit the club I do not want to be in and try to rejoin the club I was in before this started.....

Surely WGT fixing the bug is the only feasible solution here???

RSS