Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Posting screenshots

Sun, Feb 13 2011 11:22 AM (9 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 9:37 AM

Why is the default size for posting a screenshot set at 550 and we have to change it to 450???  I'm sure it wouldn't take a lot of programming to set the default value to 450.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 10:42 AM

That's what it is. But as you can guess it is not a priority right now.

-wgticon

• mhac
    10 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 11:08 AM
    hi wgticon this is not related to the post ,but dont know how to carry out new post.ihave been part of wgt since june of last year and have completed numerous surveys to obtain credits to upgrade etc.at the beginning there were numerous questions to answer and register etc. but i was wondering if the e-mails that i am recieving from trial play and toluna about i quote" COMPLETE THIS SURVEY AND RECIEVE 3OOO POINTS" are these surveys in relation to wgt credits or are they a completley differrant entity? would appreciate if u could look into this, not just for my benefit,but also other wgt members, who i am sure may be thinking the same as me. on a lighter note i regularly read some of the forums and find them quite interesting on occassions. especially some of the posts sent in by lizzie and the banter between certain wgt players many thanks mhac
  • piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 11:19 AM

I can do a screenshot and open it in paint, but since I've downloaded Chrome I no longer have a toolbar so I can't get any further. Just saving it on my PC would be a start. Any ideas?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 11:36 AM

piztaker:

I can do a screenshot and open it in paint, but since I've downloaded Chrome I no longer have a toolbar so I can't get any further. Just saving it on my PC would be a start. Any ideas?

Don't use Paint. I use this free tool  http://www.irfanview.com/ which is Paint on steroids and real easy to use.    Screen shot>open irfan>paste>save wherever you want after you fool around with it, like crop, text, etc.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 11:51 AM

mhac:
    hi wgticon this is not related to the post ,but dont know how to carry out new post.ihave been part of wgt since june of last year and have completed numerous surveys to obtain credits to upgrade etc.at the beginning there were numerous questions to answer and register etc. but i was wondering if the e-mails that i am recieving from trial play and toluna about i quote" COMPLETE THIS SURVEY AND RECIEVE 3OOO POINTS" are these surveys in relation to wgt credits or are they a completley differrant entity? would appreciate if u could look into this, not just for my benefit,but also other wgt members, who i am sure may be thinking the same as me. on a lighter note i regularly read some of the forums and find them quite interesting on occassions. especially some of the posts sent in by lizzie and the banter between certain wgt players many thanks mhac

Before I give you my thoughts: I know nothing about them. If any questions, please email members@worldgolftour.com

with that said, I think only time you get credits if you do offer links from within our website. anything else after does not quality and is likely a result of you registering with them (survey company).

-wgticon

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 12:44 PM

YankeeJim:

piztaker:

Don't use Paint. I use this free tool  http://www.irfanview.com/ which is Paint on steroids and real easy to use.    Screen shot>open irfan>paste>save wherever you want after you fool around with it, like crop, text, etc.

Thanks for that sir, problem solved. 

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 5:10 AM

WGTicon:

That's what it is. But as you can guess it is not a priority right now.

-wgticon

Sorry Icon, but that's not a very helpful answer.  What you're effectively saying is 'lump it or leave it'.

You are the interface between the players (your customers) and WGT.  I would expect a more polite and helpful answer.

Have you ever been on a customer care course?  I think you should!

I used to be a programmer, so talking from experience, I am 99.9% certain that it would be no more than a 30 minute job to find the bit of code, change the default value, then test the change.  I understand it may not be priority, but when making other changes in that area this wouldn't be a huge overhead.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 5:27 AM

Mio,

I think it very helpful in the sense that Icon isn't making the decision about the priority, just passing along the info that it isn't going to change any time soon.

I do agree that more personable answer would go a long way in these threads. Something along the lines of

'it is an issue that the developers are aware of, but is not something that will be addressed in the near future - thanks for the suggestion'

would have been received in a more positive light....

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 11:22 AM

But like I said, it's a 30 minute job to make this change... if it is coded correctly (i.e. in one subroutine that is called from different places that need it, like the main forum, CC forums, Blog posts, etc).

This was obviously an error from the start, so WGT, how about saying whether it will ever get onto the possible changes list?

RSS