Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Too slow...waste of credits

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 23 2016 7:24 PM (9 replies)
  • Monteverde
    3 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2016 4:41 PM

Waste of money. Just played a tournament and again it seems the game has hickups. Impossible to hit a ball straight.

All my programs are closed, internet speed OK, just have the WGT running.... and my meter constantly stops and resumes at high speed. 

Fool me once, shame on you...fool me 5 times, never again...

• RenoRick
    108 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2016 8:15 PM

WGT refuses to do anything about it.  Like this 'game' isn't hard enough to start with, they have to further frustrate users with that inconsistent meter.  Think of it as a feature.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2016 9:56 PM

Monteverde:
    Fool me once, shame on you...fool me 5 times, never again...

L39 in 5 years....you probably only played 'bout 5 times ;-))

anyone else thinking.." sleeper"

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2016 11:24 PM

Monteverde:
    Fool me once, shame on you...fool me 5 times, call me a dimwit...

Fixed for ya.

As for being a sleeper, being as thick as two planks, not sure. Scoring wise...either a con artist or simply too thick to learn the game.

Blame the meter, blame WGT....never the players fault.....I suggest you buy a wholesale lot of tin foil hats.

• Monteverde
    3 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 5:17 AM

I have played more than that.

My registration is from 2011 but I only started playing the game this October 2016.

What I'm frustrated about, is the fact that I had just made a pratice round before a tournament, and everything went fine. As soon has the Tournament starts, game goes slows all of a sudden. It also happens when playing online with other players.

If I'm the only one to whom this happens, I'm happy for you.

• cadornette
    319 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 12:47 PM

Try with "Maxthon Cloud Browser". Since I use it, the meter is smooth and perfect, Hope it helps

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 8:16 PM

Monteverde:
    What I'm frustrated about, is the fact that I had just made a pratice round before a tournament, and everything went fine. As soon has the Tournament starts, game goes slows all of a sudden. It also happens when playing online with other players.
    It's not just you man.  This has been especially troublesome for me whenever I try to play anything mp.  Alt, Match play, trying to stream live, etc.  So for me, any time I play other than single player I have massive issues (compounded 100 fold when I skype).

I don't have the newest system but it's not anywhere near obsolete either.  I have an AMD FX 6300 Six-core 3.5ghz processor, AMD Radeon R7 200 series,  with 8 MB of Ram with Windows 7.  And the real kicker is I live around 30-40 minutes away from WGT Headquarters.  Here is my internet connection:So ya man, problems exist.  Already tried the ole 1,000,000 browsers (all of em, for real) and the best one for me at present is Comodo Dragon.  Anyways, I prefer MP over single player (more fun w/ friends) but the above issues have made my game time drop off more and more.

cheers. sean.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 9:11 PM

Monteverde:

All my programs are closed, internet speed OK, just have the WGT running.... and my meter constantly stops and resumes at high speed. 

The meter plays on your computer so your Internet access speed is irrelevant.

Meter smoothness is all about your computer.

Smooth meter - Optimizing your Windows computer

Check and make sure your CPU is at a low performance level before you start the downswing by having Task manage open, set to Performance, and minimized to your Task Bar.

It could even be your CPU and power supply are running hot because you need to clean the inside of your computer.

Also make sure all your browser caches are cleared and that your computer's Registry isn't clogged up with junk.

Last make sure you have the appropriate Flash Player Management settings.

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 11:32 PM

ApexPC:
    Meter smoothness is all about your computer.
    I've never found this to be entirely true.

I run flash benchmarks between 50 to 59.99 FPS on most flash tests (from multiple flash test sites).  My CPU Usage under performance in TM averages around 22% during my swing.  My system configuration for Start-up, Boot, and other registries are extremely streamlined.  I've pre-set my AMD Catalyst Graphics for the best performance settings on my machine.  My Adobe - Flash Player : Settings are where they should be and I have a Flash Player shortcut set-up for deleting cookies-supercookies after every single log-ing.

Anyways, single player is always near perfect meter.  Multiplayer game parameters and any attempt to live stream throws everything out of whack.  And I've been over this in the past too.  Some guru-computer engineer helped me with all this around 12 months ago for the best settings (from the forums). I'd have to find the link.

Anyways, my machine is set-up for Tip Top Wgt Performance (for single player). 

So why the poor meter then?  Pretty simple imo.  Packet loss due to a congested server.  I hear too many times from THE COMPANY (any company) blames it on your computer, your network, or your ISP.  While this certainly holds true its equally true that servers under stress, seriously, it only takes one HOP will hurt you too.  How many times have we seen all servers are currently busy with numbers in bold red counting down til the next time you can try to log on?

In command prompt I do a simple " ping -n 100 google.com  "  and get Anyways, imo there is definitely some fault on Wgt side.  Whatever the deal, I hope it gets better sooner than later.

• jamesfox1973
    104 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2016 7:24 PM

the game is just buggy....but rather then listen to the truth all the wtg lovers talk about cpu and being playrs fault...this is a little web brower game....no other game i play on pc glitches like this simple game....from w.o.w. to fps's all work perfectly fine...so i know its not my pc...:P

RSS