Help › Forums

Re: Blue meter and Ding

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 28 2011 10:42 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Bzz59
    60 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2011 4:21 PM

When is the best time to release? When the blue first begins to move or after it has dissipated and stopped?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2011 5:33 PM

that's a good question. i really don't have answer. if I did, i'd ding every time:)

-wgticon

• Bzz59
    60 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 5:47 AM

I don't think it effects how well you hit the ding. But it has to have some purpose. Hit the ding before it starts shrinking or after it stops? I've tried both (just a couple of times) but haven't noticed a difference. Somebody has to have an answer.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 6:41 AM

ohh

you mean blue lines that move forward? That's the balance lines or that's how I understand them. Closer they are the less balance putt has; therefore, bigger chance to miss.

-wgticon

• Bzz59
    60 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 7:26 AM

Blue bar where the ding is. Release the mouse button before the blue bar starts moving or after it stops?

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 7:57 AM

I think as the bar starts to move toward the ding, the forgiveness gets less. I think

• Bzz59
    60 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 8:11 AM

Is there anyway of finding out for sure? It would help not only with forgiveness but also with 30, 45, 60 second timer in getting the shot off quicker and less pressure in my case, lol.

Thanks

• rutgernohl
    188 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 8:13 AM

The smaller the blue bar becomes the more precision it will be. but a miss will be more punched.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 9:35 AM

rutgernohl:

The smaller the blue bar becomes the more precision it will be. but a miss will be more punched.

I've noticed that as well...if I'm "dinging" well, I let the putter bar close all the way and make a lot of putts, if I'm not dinging it, then I try to hit before it starts to close, not sure if it's radom makses and misses, it's just what I do.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2011 1:06 PM

my own experience has shown through several ctth efforts where i release as soon  as possable after getting my distance set improves the accuracy when dinged, and makes a non-ding error smaller.  inversely, if you hold until the dark blue contracts, if you ding it, it is very accurate, however if you do not, your degree of error is greater.  i found it makes no differance what club, ball, or distance is involved, it will still work the same just varies a little depending on equipment, and distance.

my nickel hope it helps.

• PAGES
RSS