Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Ignore user option

Mon, Dec 28 2009 10:34 AM (9 replies)
  • BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 2:27 PM

Some of the poker forums that I frequent have the option to ignore posters that having nothing worthwhile to say.   Perhaps we could get that here to make the forums easier on the eyes.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 8:52 AM

Bump

1 person turns every thread into a bicker-fest.  RARELY contributes anything worthwhile.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 9:01 AM

I agree with BB ... if there's a way to implement an "ignore user" function within the forums like they do in Full Tilt poker or Party Poker, etc. Please put it on top of your lists.  

The forum used to be a place to come and read about WGT and enhance your playing experience.   Now you can't even join a community tournament without reading one persons views on how they should be run --- let alone read about some of the other aspects of the game.

Sorry WGT .... While I love the game and fully support it both by playing and by purchasing  credits (lots of credits ...) .... I'm done with the Forums until an "ignore user" function is implemented.   I'll just have to find out about enhancements by blindly bumping into them.

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 9:47 AM

I agree 100%. You can't have one person spamming every thread in the forum with no way for us to block his spam and expect people to continue to have to deal with it. Either handle the offender or at least give us a way to ignore his non stop spamming/posting.Thank you.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 9:55 AM

I agree this would be a useful feature. WGT's forums are abused on a continuous basis, and it would indeed be useful if we could filter out the habitual offenders who hijack threads in order to attack fellow forum posters instead of discussing the subject at hand, etc.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 10:11 AM

I agree with the bolly and lvi both.

This is an online golf community. There is something to say about someone who just cant seem to stay lnline with an orignial post. Many post on here are taken way too far and often as previously mentioned do tend to turn into "bicker fest".

The thing is when i just this "community" i was under the infulnfluence it was an "adult community". A few of us have tendancies to act just as the opposite and I choose to over look those people to a point, but when those select few post in every forum and are forum top user everyday with 40+ post daily it becomes pretty hard to over look.

I am in 110% favor of an "ignore" button in the forum.

Very nice idea Bollox

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 10:20 AM

May I ask what happened to this site over the weekend? On Saturday, everyone was fine and being nice to each other. Now on Monday everyone is at everyone else's throats.

Maybe you've all had too much 'Christmas spirit'?

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 10:22 AM

I agree that this would be useful and welcome.

Prefer this option to the idea of hiring a babysitter.

Thanks, AtlantaCoaster 

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 10:27 AM

I am also in favor of this idea, and had a different thread open that discussed this idea until a 'senior member' decided to take it over and become disruptive and got the thread deleted. This seems to be the norm around here.

Thanks for bringing this up again, and one of the moderators did acknowledge this suggestion and stated that it would be considered.

• dumbsarah
    35 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 10:34 AM

EllisSpice:
    everyone was fine and being nice to each other. Now on Monday everyone is at everyone else's

I started reading this forum 4 days ago. I do not see anyone not being nice. What I see is people expressing an opinion. I hope this forum, and you,  will allow opinions that differ from yours

RSS