Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Promotions from Tier to tier

Wed, Jan 8 2014 10:45 AM (25 replies)
  • MrSCicero
    154 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2012 5:48 PM

Could someone Please explain the exact way that WGT promotes you from Tier to Tier?

• godelescher
    636 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 9:35 AM

It takes a combination of:

• a minimum number of ranked rounds played at your current tier, and...
    • a minimum scoring average

For example, to move from Tour Pro to Master, you need at least 30 ranked rounds played as a TP, and an average below 67.

To move from Master to Tour Master, you need 40 ranked rounds and an average below 63.

To move from Tour Master to Legend, you need at least 50 ranked rounds and an average below 61.

Your average resets to zero every time you change tiers.

Your average is also not really your average, but the average of the best x number of games at your current tier. (Best 30 games for TP, best 40 games for Master, best 50 games for Legend, etc)

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 9:39 AM

WGT doesn't provide this information because doing so could aid sandbaggers.

"Hi

we do not make that information public, however few have made some interesting guesses.

-wgticon"

• godelescher
    636 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 5:54 PM

delete

• MrSCicero
    154 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 2:24 AM

I am so sorry for asking the taboo question about tiers!

I feel that being informed about the rules before you go into the game is the way it is supposed to be!

As far as sandbagging I think Skill is Skill no matter how you slice it and I didn't realize that some people play this game to make a living!

As I do not!!!!

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 6:44 PM

Your question was not taboo, the answer was, in being too specific. It's nothing personal; everyone can read every post.

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2012 10:14 AM

"For example, to move from Tour Pro to Master, you need at least 30 ranked rounds played as a TP, and an average below 67."

That theory must no longer be accurate.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2012 10:23 AM

Steve2golf:

"For example, to move from Tour Pro to Master, you need at least 30 ranked rounds played as a TP, and an average below 67."

You've played only 10

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2012 11:25 AM

piztaker:

Steve2golf:

You've played only 10

Total Ranked Rounds Played  48

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2012 11:48 AM

Steve2golf:

piztaker:

Steve2golf:

You've played only 10

Total Ranked Rounds Played  48

It clearly says rounds as a Tour Pro

RSS