Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Site Hacked?

Thu, Feb 23 2012 10:25 PM (7 replies)
  • dacrash
    475 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 8:34 AM

I just went to view some commercials for views and got an error message stating that Livegamer is blocked and I need to use some software to unblock it.  The software listed is: mysqladmin flush-hosts.  This is VERY disturbing.  Will this be required or is it something else?  If it is something else, I am concerned about players account information being safe.

I have a screen print if you need me to e-mail it.  I can't seem to paste it in this thread.

It appeared at the top of the page.

Is the rest of the site safe?

Thank you.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 8:45 AM

Probably not hacked, and you don't need to do anything. It is a server side error that is getting displayed in your browser......

By default, mysqld blocks a host after 10 connection errors. You can adjust the value by starting the server like this: shell> mysqld_safe --max_connect_errors=10000 &

If you get this error message for a given host, you should first verify that there isn't anything wrong with TCP/IP connections from that host. If you are having network problems, it does you no good to increase the value of the max_connect_errors variable.

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 9:20 AM

Not got the message, but the vids page hasn't been able to load for nearly 4 hours now, so I guess there must be some problem and hopefully LiveGamer are looking into it.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 10:05 AM

Hi

I have no actual idea but I assume it's something to do between our link with them. sql stuff is a database, which maybe something that keeps link and updates views and such.

Yes, it's server side.

-wgticon

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 7:00 PM

We all start off a hack.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 8:13 PM

Danny got it in one.

Too many connections made to the db throws up that error.

Connections to the db are probably set at default which in this case is too low.

Whoever has admin rights to the livegamer sql can increase it and thus fix the error.

tbe

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 8:33 PM

Milfshake:

We all start off a hack.

Lets see, not funny, or helpful.

Is there a reason why you chose to reply at all?

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 10:25 PM

Same reason you just did.

RSS