Forums

Help › Forums

Flash and WGT

Sat, Aug 17 2013 7:10 PM (118 replies)
  • WGTwildcat
    648 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 11:30 AM

For the past of couple weeks, online games that run in web browsers that use Adobe Flash have been experiencing display issues and crashes. Adobe has confirmed that these Flash issues were introduced in late July and is working hard on fixing the problems. See Adobe confirmed issues.

The right solution depends on your web browser, so here’s what WGT recommends…

Google Chrome – Chrome is the browser that WGT recommends for performance and because it automatically updates plug-ins like Flash, and the issues reported earlier in August appear to be addressed with the latest version:

Microsoft Internet Explorer – IE appears to have avoided these Flash issues in the latest versions:

Mozilla Firefox – Flash issues were reported in Firefox but appear to be addressed with the latest versions:

Apple Safari – Safari appears to have fixed similar Flash issues with their latest:

For Google Chrome users:

Please check the version of Flash here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

If your version number is not 11.3.300.268, we ask that you please follow the steps below to use a previous version of Flash Player, as this seems to be the best version of Flash player to be used currently. 

1. Please enter in chrome://plugins into your address bar. 
    2. Next, towards the top right, please click on the “+” button next to the word Details to show more information.
    3. Go down the list until you find Flash and see the listed files.
    4. Please disable all files listed under Flash except for the one that is listed as Version: 11.3.300.268, as can be seen in this screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/1AqpoGti3

If you still have issues with the World Golf Tour game, please email us at members@worldgolftour.com and let us know which versions of the above web browser and Flash you're using so we can help you out.

UPDATE: 8/22 Flash Update

• Jolexi
    429 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 11:42 AM

I use both chrome and firefox to play and chrome is the worst at the moment.

With chrome it is almost impossible to ding the swing meter as it just flies past.

Firefox is ok to play but the flash player keeps crashing.

IE is the one I'm using at the moment, it's slow to load up but the game plays fine.

I've tried to install safari but for some reason it won't play WGT.

So at the moment I would go with IE if you're having problems.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 11:49 AM

No mention of the other browsers? No mention of using an older version of Flash? No mention of stopping Adobe updates?

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 12:01 PM

Adobe Flash Uninstaller

Maxthon3 The Best Browser By Far To Play WGT

Buttery smooth meter.....draws pages 200% faster than Google Chrome...built in adhunter and full screen mode rocks.

tbe

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 12:12 PM

Jolexi:

I use both chrome and firefox to play and chrome is the worst at the moment.

With chrome it is almost impossible to ding the swing meter as it just flies past.

Firefox is ok to play but the flash player keeps crashing.

IE is the one I'm using at the moment, it's slow to load up but the game plays fine.

I've tried to install safari but for some reason it won't play WGT.

So at the moment I would go with IE if you're having problems.

First, dectivate auto-update in Chrome and Firefox.

In Chrome, deactivate all Flash versions except .268 if applicable (there may be three),

With Firefox, deinstall 11.3 and install 10.3 (description and program @adobe.com)

IE may play well but may hinder you to buy in the pro shop.

I really wonder why such information or just a link is not given in WGT's post above.

"ask us by e-mail" - you must have too many resources!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 12:30 PM

thebigeasy707:

200% faster than Google Chrome

That's just silly.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 12:30 PM

When this issue first came up, someone suggested the Pale Moon browser (a variation on the Firefox open source browser), and it worked perfectly for me right out of the box.

It was bad luck for WGT that the problem with Flash happened to coincide with the August 2nd WGT update - so initially we blamed WGT for problems that were really Flash problems.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 12:37 PM

the announcement in the game screen is a good.......and at least WGT seem prepared for any  further adobe flash issues.

I believe this whole episode's been a huge pain in the posterior for wgt just as it has for folks having issues.

At least when or if it happens again.....folks hopefully have an insight into how to fix the problem themselves.

tbe

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 12:42 PM

courteneyfish:

thebigeasy707:

200% faster than Google Chrome

That's just silly.

put a bung in it for god's sake lol until you have something constructive to say.

tbe

• rmchangin
    1,327 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2012 12:57 PM

LOL it's not 200% faster but it does have one of the smoothest meter i've ever tried it's was designed for vista users but great with widow's 7 too.

RSS