• PAGES
  • petemend65
    9 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 2:06 PM

K

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 3:37 PM

I think I may have an alternate solution, WGT could simply shrink your balls so they slide more easily into the cup, and perhaps start selling "ball lube" in the pro shop to alieviate all those "tight fits" :) Just a thought.

Doc

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 3:55 PM

OH MY!!!!! 37 ranked rounds and the cups are too small. I had a girl friend like that in high school, 32A, my wife of 42 years has 38D, no cup problem for me at all.  Just FYI.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 4:59 PM

petemend65:

I have lost 10 great perfect putts for Birdie becuase these cups ARE NOT REGULATION  FIX THIS PROBLEM. OR I AM OUTTA HERE

If they were perfect putts then you would have had 10 birdies!

Everyone putts into the same cups, I have seen complaints before about lip outs (caused by incorrect line or speed) but come on, the cups are too small - now I have heard all the possible excuses. Ever considered it may be your fault? Just a thought.

Or pehaps we should putt into cups the size of basketball hoops - we MIGHT all make a few more birdies then.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 5:06 PM

That better?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 5:09 PM

srellim234:

That better?

LMAO

• zelg
    332 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 5:30 PM

even my putting stats would improve with that cup .... LOL

• roto121
    365 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 5:42 PM

watch the door does not hit your ass on the way out

• DiegoBeneIII
    9 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:54 PM

First things first: sorry you missed the birdie putts but I have to point out that the guys and girls with great putting stats are using exactly the same holes - at the same time you were missing your birdie chances there were probably thousands of people sinking theirs.

The holes are mapped from hundreds of thousands of HD photos of regulation holes at actual courses - your avatar is placed on top of those photos to mimic as closely as possible your position on the green, so sometimes the hole may look a bit smaller, or a bit larger.

It is not, it remains the same ...unless you have some kind of magical virtual ruler allowing you to accurately survey the world of WGT or have access to the source code. Either way, everyone is putting at the same holes and there are lots of people who are very good at it ...at this point in time, I am certainly not one of them.

Also wanted to mention that dinging your putts in no way guarantees they will drop - the "perfect putt" is the one that goes in, it's as simple as that.

Everything else is a miss and you move on - or you do the virtual equivalent of snapping your putter over your knee and shout about it a forum. Totally up to you, sometimes it's good to get things off your chest but I'm pretty sure WGT won't be increasing the hole size just because you missed some putts you thought should have dropped.

All the best on the next 10 birdie opportunities. Hit 'em hard and I hope they drop for you.

• PAGES
RSS