Forums

Help › Forums

Re: SWING METER: THE MAD GOLFER

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 26 2012 3:03 PM (6 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 7:30 PM

Practically every day we complain about  the swing meter, me included.What I dont understand, is why WGT cant get the point. We the players of this game, do take it seriously and many spend good money on it as well. There is nothing funny about cheating people and that does not make the game a challenge. I wont play tournaments because I feel the game cheats. How many other people wont play the game at all for the same reason? Fix the swing meter and other problems in the game to the players satisfaction. Why? Because we pay your bills, take care of your families, feed them, dress them and provide all of their needs. YOU may be the company, but without a clientel you would be nothing. So W.G.T.,stop biting the hand that feeds your mouth. This is a great game, now make it better...  Seeeeee Yaaaaa

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 9:11 PM

WGT have little power over the workings of the meter. You'd be better off complaining to Adobe.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 2:29 PM

We have adobe wallahs to ensure our 8's are nice and starched.

Lizzie xx

• Glossopade
    518 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 2:34 PM

LizzieRossetti:

We have adobe wallahs to ensure our 8's are nice and starched.

Lizzie xx

Ahhh! The British Empire is alive and well !

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 2:43 PM

piztaker:
    You'd be better off complaining to Adobe.

That statement is true except when it's not. WGT uses the flash platform (sadly) but isn't entirely a prisoner to it. Plenty of flash games work perfectly for all users, at all times. WGT isn't one of them. 

Personally, I have given up the fight to paraphrase, in the immortal words of Bones McCoy, "Are you out of your Vulcan mind" to think this will ever change. To use another Trekkie quote I saw here today "Highly illogical". WGT has no real incentive to completely resolve meter issues. For one, it causes lost balls and that is a revenue stream. For another, it probably is in all fairness 'harder to say than it is to do' - translation: it would probably cost a lot indirectly as well as indirectly. They want programmers working on stuff like new courses, new virtual equipment, and generally things that improve the other aspects of the game. 

I would agree that they have taken steps to 'tame the meter' problem, which is to say when the forums light up our local blogsphere with meter issues, they pay more attention and perhaps direct staff to 'look at this again". We will never know...

Meanwhile, some days are flawless and some days it is not worth playing...oh well.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 2:52 PM

YEP, I concur.

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 3:03 PM

renniw52:

YEP, I concur.

+2

RSS