Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Can we get real with this game

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 11 2012 6:16 AM (6 replies)
  • chichime
    1 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2012 6:37 PM

I have played over 40 years of actual golf.

Have never seen more unrealistic play from the game here.

Yes I do know what clubs to play from certain situations.

When you aim away from water or hazards & the wind is blowing away from them it seems awful funny how one can have a shot go the opposite direction & end up in the water or be a lost ball.

Can someone give me believable answers

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2012 7:28 PM

The only actual believable answer is this site is a pickpockets delight.

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2012 7:42 PM

In my opinion this is one of the best golf games out there and if I had one criticism of the realism it's that it's much easier than real life golf.  Someone shot a 49 at St Andrews in a current tournie - do you think the real life pro's could do that (even with unlimited play)?

The way WGT works is that all clubs have a degree of inaccuracy and forgiveness.  Inaccuracy affects how close the ball goes to where you aimed if you hit the ding - the level of innacuracy is greater on low level clubs so you may end up 10-15yds away from where you aimed with a long iron.  Forgiveness is how far you go off target if you miss the ding.

So, hypothetically if you aimed for a spot of fairway 10yds left of a water hazard ad if say there was a 5mph wind coming from the left it is still possible for your shot to go right depending on the inaccuracy/forgiveness factors outlined above.

Hope this helps and stick with the game, when you get the hang of it it's great.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2012 7:47 PM

There have been thousands of answers to this question, or I should say theories. It is WGT. That says it all. Just play, don't ask, nobody has the definitive answer. This can be a free game, or it can cost you plenty. the choice is yours. I am in no way, shape or form, being a wise A$$, this is the plain truth. Play it the way you want, or can afford. I play real golf also, have not lost as many balls in 40 years as I have here in 2 years. My choice. This is a business,

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2012 2:09 AM

Lmorgan007:

In my opinion this is one of the best golf games out there and if I had one criticism of the realism it's that it's much easier than real life golf.  Someone shot a 49 at St Andrews in a current tournie - do you think the real life pro's could do that (even with unlimited play)?

Correct me if I'm wrong.. I think that 49 was At Kia off the Whites.

This is the best Golf Game out, I do agree. It can be very frustrating at times, but overall The Best I think.

I've said this before.....  The real Golf Pro's has the magic score of 60. Not many have broken that mark, but they shoot scores in the low 60's all the time.

Take 10 shots off the real Golf Scores and that's what the Great Golfers of Wgt are shooting... 50 is the magic score in Wgt and to my knowledge only one person has broken that. Scores in the low 50's are scored often.

Because this a game, then the 10 shots between Wgt Golfers and Real Pro Golfers is pretty much spot on

Cheers

Roger

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2012 5:02 AM

chichime:

When you aim away from water or hazards & the wind is blowing away from them it seems awful funny how one can have a shot go the opposite direction & end up in the water or be a lost ball.

Can someone give me believable answers

Consider a shank.

This virtual game is so realistic that it happens :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2012 6:16 AM

renniw52:
    Just play, don't ask, nobody has the definitive answer.

Um, you mean like  Don't Ask, Don't Tell?  LOL

RSS