Forums

Help › Forums

Re: unsporting to keepaverages

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 17 2012 10:48 AM (5 replies)
  • RODY123
    376 Posts
    Tue, May 15 2012 1:08 AM

i played a person last night(MASTER) and several times before and loseing each time. This person is the first to moan when anyone quits calling them names etc etc . and that he would never quit. last night at st andrews we was both level at the last hole the 9th. His words was I wont be putting out at the 9th hole so the nearest to the hole we will call the winner and i said that you are the one that talks about averages, we should finish the match as normal, he replied ok and then he missed with the par shot and i got a birdie makeing me the winner, he then said before putting for a bogey makeing him the loser, IM SORRY I WILL HAVE TO DISSCONNECT, possibly as he didnt want to lose as a Master to a Pro and this was very unsporting of him. I then blocked him from my friends list and his name was;-  FLAGBANDIT so if anyone does want to play against him, I can poromise you that YOU WILL NOT BEAT HIM as he will dissconnect even on the last green. BEWARE 

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, May 15 2012 10:11 AM

it appens  , we see them players  disconnecting on the last hole to save there avarage .   i myself  have done some in the past (sorry)  specialy wen i reached a new tier..... wen it was done to me  i realised  how stupid i was  for doing the same that was done to me ( i  have not done this often   but i know  even once is to much .     i understand you RODY  you did the correct thing by taking him off your friends lists .    only thing is  you should not mentionne any names here WGT   dont like this .....:)     some of the old experience  players on this site will read a post like yours ,same thing but no names mentioned ........they will  look at your profile page  see  the player you have played  and they will make the connection  and   they will remember the quitters names ........     one lost  friend   ,you get 10 new ones  pick the non quitters,and the good guys  stick to them  and a good CC,  then wen a player quits on you  it does not frustrate you has much (it does a bit )  but you turn the page  and have fun :) Frapp

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, May 15 2012 7:35 PM

We should be able to mention their name . Rody just PM whoever you want and spread the word that way to just your friends. Word of mouth is the best advertisement tool there is.

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2012 12:50 AM

Rody, I understand your frustration and applaud you "outing" a sandbagger, however, WGT don't take kindly to naming and shaming in the forums.

I'd edit your own post, removing the name of this player, before it's seen by one of the WGT staff. Otherwise, you'll find yourself serving a suspension.

This is harsh, I know, as most of the fair playing WGT community appreciate knowing who the bad apples are before committing to a round, but it's the correct policy by WGT I'm afraid.

Imagine if somebody had lost to yourself and then decided to post complete lies about you in the forum, accusing you of unsporting behaviour, it may be difficult to clear your name as "mud sticks".

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2012 1:24 AM

I really don't see a problem here.  If it's a stroke play game, then it doesn't really matter what he scored - you are playing against the course.  If it's a matchplay game, then him quitting gives you the win anyway.  If all you're worried about is the XP points, then play a 9-hole single play game and within 15-20 minutes you will have the XP points you lost.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 10:48 AM

Why not have real time stat collecting, is this possible? If a player bogeys, it should reflect on his/her average instantly, not after a stroke-play game is finished.

Players might not quit as much if there was no reason to quit. Disconnections happen, but so do the continual disconnects from players trying to save their average.

If this is possible, it could be a viable solution to slow down frivolous disconnects.

RSS