Forums

Help › Forums

Re: site advertising

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 24 2012 7:22 AM (9 replies)
  • baaarmy
    7 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2012 11:25 AM

While I am aware that advertising on the site gives the developers an injection of funds, the picture of a grilling chop the full size of the page must be most offensive to any vegetarians that play this game. I am a meat eater myself and this full page advert even managed to annoy me. 

please get rid of it as soon as possible!

• sportsrockplayer
    306 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2012 11:33 AM

lol wow. I mean it's a picture of meat. How hard would it be to just annoy it. I was reading a post yesterday about a guy that was mad as hell because he is a vegan and he didn't like seeing the picture, and I couldn't help laughing because of how pathetic he sounded. I like it myself. Thank you WGT, makes us all hungry.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2012 12:27 PM

Personally, I don't eat beef, but the pic was fine.  Looked tasty.  I actually enjoyed inspecting the photography and the lighting.

• baaarmy
    7 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2012 1:06 AM

Hardly in keeping with the main page of a golf game though?

• kdownunder
    1,463 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2012 1:57 AM

I'm with u.  It's gross. Is this the wrong place to be lobbying on?  

• upinsmoketour
    342 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2012 2:22 AM

Only thing about it that annoys me is while playing this game i both take bongs & roll joints & that pic keeps making me MUNCHIED & running to the fridge ! Apart from that its fine as i like to look at the courses & not so much the ads !   smoke.

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2012 2:23 AM

The sponsor probably backed up a truck full of money to WGT HQ and WGT salivated like i did when i saw the ad. We are bombarded by ads in all aspects of our lives so i find nothing wrong with this one..at least it is in good taste ;-)

• kdownunder
    1,463 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2012 2:52 AM

U have to think broader than ur own views.

• kdownunder
    1,463 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2012 2:52 AM

too stoned to care m8 heh?

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2012 7:22 AM

baaarmy:

While I am aware that advertising on the site gives the developers an injection of funds, the picture of a grilling chop the full size of the page must be most offensive to any vegetarians that play this game. I am a meat eater myself and this full page advert even managed to annoy me. 

please get rid of it as soon as possible!

Why the offence.  Being a veggie is a matter of personal choice.

Banning pictures of meat because some poor petal might get offended would be political correctness gone mad.

RSS