Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Fishing With Dad

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 23 2012 3:48 PM (2 replies)
  • OmegaManKFH
    113 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2012 11:37 AM

I was fortunate enough to be able to get an awesome fishing trip in with my Father, and some friends, on Lake Michigan this morning. This is a pic of the total catch on his boat. Largest fish was 17lbs. All King Salmon. The first 3 fish we had in the box before we even had all the rods set out, the last 5 we got in the last 20 minutes of the trip. 6 hours total on the water. We had a little time to get in a couple beers. Yeah, it was early. :lol: :lol: 
    The 2 small ones will be for breakfast tomorrow morning. 

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2012 12:29 PM

I'd put one of those on the barbeque tonight, too.  Smoke it over applewood.  Have more beer.  Get the wi-fi going and play WGT.

• OmegaManKFH
    113 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2012 3:48 PM

Nothing beats fresh caught fish for dinner!!!

1 nice filet was lightly coated in some soy sauce, a little orange juice and some brown sugar. A little salt, pepper and sliced onion on it.

Another filet was coated in some rub I made, with sliced onions. Both filets were wrapped in foil and placed on the grill. Tater salad and broccoli on the side.  Of course, we had to have wine with it. 

I will put 3 of the larger fish in brine tomorrow morning and will be smoked, Friday, with hickory and corn cobs(try it!). We'll end up taking a smoked filet out with us, for lunch, Saturday when we fish again. 

Bag of fish in fridge for breakfast. Goes well with a couple eggs and home fries!! 

Ok, time for a game, then bed. I'm beat! 

RSS