Forums

Help › Forums

Re: swing meter tip

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 25 2012 11:42 AM (5 replies)
  • theshortdriver
    138 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2012 7:13 AM

lots of things can make the swing meter skip or hesitate..most cause's are cookies and temp files not deleted after surfing the net for a long while,or even loop being on during the game, once cookies and temp files are deleted,,try this tip if meteor still act's up,on your shot.. click and hold mouse..grab bar and move it back and forth once or twice then take your regular shot,do this tip two or three times during the round and same for the next one or two round's..you will not have to do it on every shot,,just some..after a bit meter will come into line and it should work great..I had problems for a long time with my meter when I first started playing this great game..found this tip on my own and did it for a few rounds..I have not had any problems with it for over a year now..it does work if you are patient enough to let it work..have fun all and hope this helps... give me feedback if you would like..thank you and have great game's..I see there was a place to put this thread called game tips,,sorry I dint see it,,silly me ,,,lol

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2012 8:04 AM

Usually I do the imaginary practice swing by letting meter run all the way through sometimes.

You can tell when its going to jump , at least I can. After I let it run through I am usually ok for the rest of the round. Its become habit now. Real golfers takle practice swings and now so do I.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2012 8:04 AM

interesting .. will keep that in mind next time

i sometimes get green grid-lock, as i like to call it .. when the dots showing the break on the green don't move smoothly & gets stuck or moves interrupted at a lesser speed than normal .. have to wait ages sometimes to see the real break on the green when threre's a break in the "grid-lock" .. wonder if ur advice would work for that 2 .. lol

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2012 8:26 AM

In addition to the two methods mentioned, I will also hold my swing at the top for a couple seconds before un-clicking. 

And YES I can tell when the meter is about to act up as well.

for the Green Grid Lock I will go from full screen to window back to full screen and that fixes it.

Danny

• djepudd
    228 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2012 8:37 AM

I do believe I had an instance of grid-lock last night. The dots were basically as a group at two speeds. The speed change happened when I clicked and held left button to line up, it roughly halved the speed until I released the button which then meant I had to guestim8 the faster(normal speeds) line. Reboot, sorted. Sure it is related to Pc speed/ram blah blah blah

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2012 11:42 AM

DannyPhan:

In addition to the two methods mentioned, I will also hold my swing at the top for a couple seconds before un-clicking. 

Danny

Me too in fact I've got into the habit of waiting for 5 seconds.

RSS