Forums

Help › Forums

Re: This never happens on WGT...

Sun, May 27 2012 4:37 AM (8 replies)
  • Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Fri, May 25 2012 11:16 PM

This happened at the British PGA championship yesterday

Never seen the ball bounce backwards out of water before.

Oh and btw, Wentworth would be a great course to add onto the WGT rosta, especially for all the parkland golf junkies who liken links courses to 'goat farms' (the heresy)!

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2012 1:36 AM

Nice members' bounce! LOL

Such things happen...

See this compilation, including this just-not-in-the-water shot by Darren Clarke. Don't miss the "lucky branch" shot voted #1.

I had a wedge shot come down a yard short of a pond's bank. It dumped into the water like a stone and came back, bouncing from the pond liner some inches below the surface, ending up nice & dry.

My favourite golf riddle is this:

Can a player play Par on a Par 3 after hitting the water with two shots? (one stroke penalty per ball lost in the water, golf rules apply)

The answer is, yes he can - I witnessed it.

But: How?

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2012 2:13 AM

Player must have skipped the ball over the water, and it didnt go OB, twice. Or he lost a ball from tee shot in the water, and on his 2nd (3rd shot, 1 stroke penalty included) skipped on the water, and holed it, lol. 

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2012 2:38 AM

TWOMINUSONE:

[...] he lost a ball from tee shot in the water, and on his 2nd (3rd shot, 1 stroke penalty included) skipped on the water, and holed it, lol. 

*claps hands*

That's it! When it hit the bank after skipping and bounced up, I thought it would be a second ball lost. Alas, it found the way to the hole.

• barry38372
    55 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2012 6:58 PM

it happend to me at st andrews ,i hit my second shot and wham it bounced straight bak to me i wanted to fall over there.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2012 10:55 PM

alosso:

Nice members' bounce! LOL

Such things happen...

See this compilation, including this just-not-in-the-water shot by Darren Clarke. Don't miss the "lucky branch" shot voted #1.

I had a wedge shot come down a yard short of a pond's bank. It dumped into the water like a stone and came back, bouncing from the pond liner some inches below the surface, ending up nice & dry.

My favourite golf riddle is this:

Can a player play Par on a Par 3 after hitting the water with two shots? (one stroke penalty per ball lost in the water, golf rules apply)

The answer is, yes he can - I witnessed it.

But: How?

2 minus1 got it, but, the best I ever saw was Fred Couples at TPC Sawgrass on the 17th in the 90's..

Freddie hit the pond on his first shot,, looked disgusted, dropped a ball on the ground then holed it for par!

Again, just what I saw, I'm sure there are better out there.

But Freddie is Da Man!

• TrufflIE
    524 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2012 11:48 PM

Playing a tournament in College, I played a shot out of a lake... ball was under 3 inches of water, but I didn't want to take the penalty :P

hit it to about 5 feet and saved par...

don't ask how I hit the shot I still have no idea, but I got SOAKED... so much water hit me in the face, I basically closed my eyes and finished the shot...

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2012 12:14 AM

TrufflIE:
    Playing a tournament in College

Eff your 2 handicap!!!!

In jest Chris,, wish I had your game!

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2012 4:37 AM

that ball bouncing out of  the water is just locall knowledge, the secret is out

regards 

ladzrls

RSS