Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Green speeds

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 30 2012 9:58 AM (4 replies)
  • quelani
    219 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 1:09 AM

Is it just me or have other players come across the problem of inconsistency of green speeds? I have especially noticed on supposedly fast greens that they are fast for putts of maybe 6 feet or more but for putts of around 3 feet or less the greens inexplicably lose all semblance of speed and you have to kick the crap out of the ball to get it near the hole.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 4:19 AM

Because a guy named Iampoo has been crapping all over the place causing some greens to be slower /faster then others. Depending on the size and location of which the poo was dispensed.

Hope that helps. :)

• nyctc7
    160 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 7:51 AM

Well, doesn't it make sense that the shorter the ball has to travel, the less green speed will have an affect? Look at it as a positive. Just ram those short putts in (perhaps  aiming just slighly right or left depending on the severity of the break) and you will rarely miss from inside 3'!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 7:55 AM

nyctc7:
    Just ram those short putts in (perhaps  aiming just slighly right or left depending on the severity of the break) and you will rarely miss from inside 3'!

Aim that slightly right or left but never outside the cup. This is very effective from as much as 6 feet out, as long as you trust that hitting it harder works. It solved my 6 foot problem. Don't think about it, stare at it or get nervous. Step up, aim and hit it.   :-)

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 9:58 AM

Upgraded my putter so that I could have a 15 foot one. I was really hitting some too hard with just a 25 foot putter thereby lipping them out at times.

But when you hit a turd in the road there is no help . A cleaning spray n towel is all you need for that.

RSS